Search results

1. EdButler

Wanted: AP Coilover Rear Adjuster

Cos, you're a gentleman, ill send you a PM :)
  2. EdButler

Wanted: AP Coilover Rear Adjuster

Hi All, I used to be an active member on here years ago and have just bought my third Ibiza as a runaround! Its a 1.9 TDi Sport and has come with AP Coilovers (without adjuster cups). I was just hoping someone may have some spare they're willing to let go of, as for me the ride is...
  3. EdButler

Wiper arm spline

Hey mate, my first time on this forum in about 4 years, but are you the guy from the Z22SE Forum? I borrowed a Throttle body of a very nice guy with your name!! (Sorry to spam!)
  4. EdButler

My Sexy MK4 Sleeper...{SCN's highest BHP 1.2 12v} Now For sale, pics page 17

1.2 -> VX Ermm... no comment :whistle:
  5. EdButler

My Sexy MK4 Sleeper...{SCN's highest BHP 1.2 12v} Now For sale, pics page 17

Do you really think you could tolerate the terrible Smart gearbox!? God they're horrible... You'd be MUCH better going for an old-skool MX5 and supercharge it if you must :) Much more fun, much less money and probably better in all aspects other than straight line speed. And you wont look...
  6. EdButler

Ibiza TDI 130 problems... Help / advice needed!

If it ever happens again check the coolant temp sensor and crankshaft position sensors. Common faults on VAG cars and often cause random cut-outs.
  7. EdButler

Milltek OR Mufflerectomy?

Care to be a little more insightful than not at all...?
  8. EdButler

Milltek OR Mufflerectomy?

No point in a Milltek - its the same diameter as the OE one isn't it!? Mufflerectomy any day for me, 25% of the cost for the same gain. If you need something for big power, get a 4-1 manifold back 2.5-3" system. Job done.
  9. EdButler

Sparks from the back maybe?

My old Ibiza used to do it quite a lot apparently- had 4 people on different occasions comment on it. They basically involved and 'enthusiastic' drive after a few weeks without blowing out the cobwebs. Basically its some carbon igniting. It also had a mufflerectomy fyi.
  10. EdButler

Had Full Milltek fitted rolling road results

All it has done is slightly speed up spool time due to lower back pressure - almost a waste of time to fit performance exhausts on Diesels that arent 'heavily' modified. :( Mike, is that even remotely drivable under 2.5k rpm!?
  11. EdButler

New Cupra owner. Couple of Questions

Do it yourself with a mate/dad - there's a cambelt guide on Briskoda and Discs/Pads will be a piece of proverbial! Just take it somewhere for a oil change so they can stamp the book and you're done! You'll feel soo much better and you'll be about £400 in pocket for only 5 hours work including...
  12. EdButler

Jenk's mk4 Ibiza Soot machine! (Time to bid farewell)

Loving the 'baffle' comment!! Looks awesome mate, very little body roll too so that suspension is doing its job nicely :D Last RR'd at 173bhp (Dunno torque cos of MEGA clutch slip back then!) That DMS tuning box didn't alter boost at all, just fuelling! :o...
  13. EdButler

New Cupra owner. Couple of Questions

As the Cupra has a slightly larger turbo, that and the fact that the intercooler is MUCH bigger could be to blame as at lower revs it wont have enough exhaust gasses to spin up and the boost circuit is larger. Also with your old map, it was likely it felt slower because it was tuned to the...
  14. EdButler

why aint dump valve's very loud on 20v t

Ahh ok, well if you're dumping to atmosphere, you're really going to confuse the ECU and loose power on a 1.8T due to the MAF positioning... After all the MAF has read all the air that has passed it and the ECU thinks its still recirculating, whereas you have just let it all go to atmosphere...
  15. EdButler

why aint dump valve's very loud on 20v t

The whole point of a re-circ is to equalise the pressure difference, before and after the compressor blades. If you cork it, the TB side will be a LOT higher pressure than the Intercooler side because the air has no-where to go. This often makes the "Pigeon Flutter" effect as the compressor...
  16. EdButler

Mk5 Golf GTTDI: now and the future

Its Rich!! Lovely looking car mate, keep the updates coming!! :D
  17. EdButler

Problems with new car

I'm guessing you have a 1.2 54/64BHP engine and the timing chain has slipped - but I don't know if they ever made an Auto? This slippage will cause the valves to hit the pistons :( Its a very big job... Inlet and Exhaust manifolds off. Drain fuel and injectors off, Undo all electrical...
  18. EdButler

what should next buy be?

Make it brake, make it handle, make it more powerful... In that order. It'll also make your insurance company happier as it actually looks like you know what you're doing! 312mm brakes will also fit with smaller offset wheels than the 288's so don't make their size an excuse - their footprint...
  19. EdButler

strut brace torque settings

25nm should be fine mate :) Strut braces usually say 25nm and some VAG workshop manuals say 15nm + 90 Degrees which will probably work out the same. Just make sure you do them all to 25nm and then go round them all again. Re-check them after 100m iles or so.