Search results

1. ABS ESP lights on, Handbrake light flashing

Replaced the whole pump. Not sure, my brother in law is a mechanic at audi and he did the coding in work 🤫, and he struggled 🤷🏻‍♂️
  2. ABS ESP lights on, Handbrake light flashing

See post no.7 I had a replacement ABS pump/module fitted, 2nd hand part bought off ebay. If i remember correctly it was a bit if a struggle for the mechanic to programme the part to the car
  3. Dash lights come on and off when driving

No fault codes have been stored, which is strange. Will have to keep driving until something goes bang i suppose :eek:
  4. Dash lights come on and off when driving

Leon 2010 diesel FR. The dash lights in the attached photo came on every 30 seconds or so when driving this afternoon. I got a judder that feels like when you suddenly take your foot off the accelerator, the lights pop up for a couple of seconds, then all lights go off except the orange...
  5. ABS ESP lights on, Handbrake light flashing

Thought I would update in case it might come in handy for someone. My mechanic has investigated and has narroweed the fault down to a solenoid issue within the ABS Pump/Module. New part upwards of a £1000 from seat, so I've ordered a second hand pump and module off ebay for £70 :) , cross...
  6. ABS ESP lights on, Handbrake light flashing

Nothing wrong with the Power Steering pump mate, error is with ABS pump.
  7. ABS ESP lights on, Handbrake light flashing

Thanks for the links. Cheched all the fuses that were located next to the battery, all good. Are there any other fuse locations linked to the ABS pump? Tried clearing the code and comes back up instantly.
  8. ABS ESP lights on, Handbrake light flashing

Had this issue pop up yesterday while driving to work. "Error: Brakes Workshop!" Message came up, the ABS light and ESP light came ond and the handbrake light is flashing. Have these error codes from hooking up to a fault reader: 1276 14 ABS Hydraulic Pump (faulty intermitent) 1130 8 ABS...
  9. Bright green fluid

Brake fluid? Leaking brake pipe maybe?
  10. Tyres? Opinions?

The tyre fitter said that they have a hard compound
  11. Tyres? Opinions?

I've had one set of continental sport contact, Dunlop sport maxx and good year eagle f1's on the front over the last few years, just recently purchased my second pair of Avon ZV7 extra load 94y, these lasted about 4 - 5000 miles more than the above mentioned brands, without compromise on wet or...
  12. Leon Fr 170 Cold start issue

UPDATE / SOLUTION! After installing a new relay first, was the cheaper option (£36 for a genuine part which was meant to be £90...don't ask how I got it at this price.) As mentioned relay did not make a difference so had to go for new glow plugs, which I am happy to report has solved the...
  13. Leon Fr 170 Cold start issue

UPDATE. Installed a new relay...problem remains. Going to have to be the glowplugs. :think: :(
  14. Leon Fr 170 Cold start issue

UPDATE! Had the car hooked up to a diagnostics machine over the weekend, there was a fault recorded with the glow plugs or the relay for the glow plugs, will now be a process of elimination I suppose.
  15. Leon Fr 170 Cold start issue

Tested the old battery and it seemed fine, just changed it as it was the original battrery, just thought that it deserved a new one! Will have to wait until the starter goes completely, not going to go to the expense just on a whim! Thanks
  16. Leon Fr 170 Cold start issue

Found out this morning that the three turn trick didn't work. Struggles to ignite 1st thing in the morning, short 10 minute journey to work, engine does not warm up to full temperature. Car starts fine after work, Standing for 7-8 hours, outside temperature warmer than mornings. Car stands...
  17. Leon Fr 170 Cold start issue

Any ideas anybody?
  18. Leon Fr 170 Cold start issue

I am waiting for the lights to go out. I forgot to mention that when I turn the ignition on and off three times before turning the starter over, it ignites as it should, turning the ignition on and off twice is not sufficient, three is the magic number it seems :D Would this suggest glow...
  19. Leon Fr 170 Cold start issue

I'm having issues when cold starting my 2010 Leon fr 170. When outside temperature is below 9 degrees c approx., the car takes a couple of seconds to ignite, a feeling similar to when you have a slightly flat battery and struggling to start the engine. I thought it was a battery issue as the...
  20. Tyre Pressure Warning did not come on!

Do you think my system is faulty? The car is over 4 years old, so a warranty claim is out of the question i'd guess!!??
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members