Search results

1. sponger

Rear demister inop

Have a look at the filament in the rear windscreen, you may find its failed?
  2. sponger

what have you done to your car today ?

Just a plain old simple oil and filter change this afternoon :)
  3. sponger

help. Epc light has come on

Mine did a similar thing a few times, sadly there were no fault codes. It would clear after restarting the engine. Eventually the light stayed on and the car died and wouldn't start, but the this time the MIL light came on too. Turned out to be the crankshaft speed sensor, changed that and...
  4. sponger

Cooling fans!!

Does your aircon work okay? Only ask as my fans don't work either :( http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4430784#post4430784 Have you tried seeing if the fans will work by putting power straight to them? May save you £50!
  5. sponger

Radiator Fans and Air Con Problem

I have also checked my temp sensor by plugging in to VCDS and monitoring the temp on there, matches the gauge.
  6. sponger

Radiator Fans and Air Con Problem

I have a problem! :cry: Well 2 problems but they are no doubt related somehow! I have an LC 180 (AUQ), turns out the air con doesn't work, I originally thought it just needed re-gassing as when you turned it on, the revs would drop with the load, however, it turned out the compressor...
  7. sponger

Cooling fans!!

Do your fans come on?
  8. sponger

cooling fan problem !!

Ordered a fan control unit from amazon of all places, coming from America, brand new, £16!! Will fit that and see if it helps, away for a couple of weeks so can't fettle with it in the meantime, hopefully it will be at home waiting for me when I get back.
  9. sponger

cooling fan problem !!

Bit of thread revival but seemed better than starting a new one. Neither if my fans switch on, low speed or high speed. Checked fuses including top of battery - all good. Checked thermoswitch plug, neither speeds work when bridging pins. Not sure of it's connected but my aircon compressor...
  10. sponger

Speed Sensor - How to find it and replace it

Post twelve more times? Changed mine last week, luckily I have an AUQ LC, its at the front of the engine and took about twenty minutes to change, hardest bit was popping it out the block :p
  11. sponger

OBD Scanner Not Working

You can get VCDS-lite and there are cheap full vcds leads knocking about on ebay etc I have a basic handheld OBD reader as well but VCDS has so much more to offer. Irrelevant if you don't have a laptop though, sorry.
  12. sponger

OBD Scanner Not Working

If you have a laptop get vagcom and a lead.
  13. sponger

lambda info please?

They say a picture paints a thousand words...
  14. sponger

lambda info please?

You will need to jack up the car and get underneath to get to it. Jack up from the right hand side as the electrical connectors are under a cover on that side. It is just in front of the Cat after the downpipe, on the upper side of the exhaust pipe, you will see the wires going to pre and...
  15. sponger

Cupra R Brembos

Can't go wrong with HEL brakelines, British company, superb quality, lifetime warranty, their products are used by championship winning teams across the world! They are also really nice guys as well :worship: Always fitted them on my bikes, will be going on the car soon as well [B)]
  16. sponger

Drove home from the garage with a fixed car :D Old water pump impeller had split so was no longer attached to the drive. What a rubbish design!
  17. sponger

Got towed to my local garage :( Bloody water pump went on the way to work! Great timing, right before Xmas :( (Probably end up getting the cam belt done as well while I'm at it, asked them to source a pump with a metal impeller)
  18. sponger

Fault code! Help..

Ross tech wiki says this: 16556/P0172 - System Too Rich, Bank 1 Possible Symptoms Irregular behaviour Possible Causes Fuel system Excessive fuel pressure Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors Leaking fuel pressure regulator Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel Vapor recovery system Air...
  19. sponger

Oxygen sensor malfunction in circuit fault?

And so it continues..... Did an ECU reset late yesterday, thought it had cracked it! :) Then lo and behold on came the light this evening :( I am really at a loss now.
  20. sponger

Oxygen sensor malfunction in circuit fault?

Right, did some wiring checks today up to the ECU from the sensor plug. Had to dismantle the ECU plug to find out the pin numbers! However it was fine, continuity and low resistance so nothing to suggest a wiring fault? So where now? Any ideas?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.