Search results

1. Wee-nemo

DSG Warranty Recall Notice

So it turns out to have been a failed cylinder 1 coil pack. Things I've found out today: 1. The warranty on SEATs is 3y/60k, I thought it ran out at 36k so thought I was screwed if it was a DSG issue. 2. The Stealers in Aberdeen are so fully booked they couldn't take my car in, even though...
  2. Wee-nemo

So on the drive in this morning I wasn't getting anything like as much jerking and warning lights as last night. No idea why it chose last night to be so problematic, though still got a check engine light once this morning at one junction. I'm trying to find someone / a garage with VCDS to try...
  3. Wee-nemo

No idea, if it were just that I'd be very happy. Not really been following the forum much since I started commuting, it's a fun wee car but ive quickly grown to hate it on a 50 mile a day round trip. Not the cars fault, it's a hot hatch not a comfortable cruiser which is why it needs to go.
  4. Wee-nemo

Sorry for the thread resurrection, wanted to do loads to my car but a change of jobs meant I have had to use it as a daily commuter for the last 15 months or so, and it's racked up a lot of miles since - now just over 40k and booked in for a service in a couple of weeks. Over the last few...
  5. Wee-nemo

Cupra Mudflaps

Yeah they now advise that the fronts will fit an FR / Cupra / Boc, but the rears don't. Really would prefer a full set if possible. These seem like the same pattern as SEATs official ones, they're claiming they fit front and back but think that's just an oversight about the rears on FR etc...
  6. Wee-nemo

Cupra Mudflaps

Hi all, Anyone had success getting full mudflaps front and rear for the 2012 generation Cupra / FR yet? I know SEAT will sell ridiculously expensive front flaps for the 3 door but not for the rear, been meaning to chase up these to get some fitted as winter in the country in a white car is a...
  7. Wee-nemo

SEAT Nav System

I think that's where the failure comes, it shows the quickest by its calculations. If it calculates I can take a C road at 60mph when 40 is more likely - either dangerous to go faster or its crawling with traffic / lorries / tractors / cyclists, but saves a couple of minutes off the 70mph...
  8. Wee-nemo

SEAT Nav System

Mine usually offers 3 routes but they aren't shown as shortest / quickest, just 3 alternative routes in different colours. Couldn't tell you which version, but I upgraded via a download last year when the pack with Cupra performance data became available.
  9. Wee-nemo

SEAT Nav System

Does anyone know if it's possible to set the Garmin navigation unit so it calculates the quickest route, rather than the shortest one? I'm getting mightily fed up of getting diverted off motorways and down tiny country lanes to save half a mile [:@]
  10. Wee-nemo

Question about Radio in facelift

Mine starts on the last selected station too, wish it was easier to change to Bluetooth streaming though.
  11. Wee-nemo

quick question - wheel nut covers

No idea, I lost one a couple of months ago and the salesman in the local SEAT dealership just gave me a spare one he had in a drawer.
  12. Wee-nemo

Proof you can get over 50mpg in the SE 1.4

I got 53.6mpg over 50 miles between my parents and my house a couple of weeks ago, in the Cupras 1.4! Fairly real world roads, quite a few hills, and roundabouts and traffic lights dotted through the city traverse halfway through the drive. Usually get 34 on that same road during the daytime...
  13. Wee-nemo

Plastics visor over clocks rattles like hell.

Mine is nearly 2 years old and most things on the dashboard and door cards rattle and squeak. Thoroughly annoying but part of what you buy into with a SEAT unfortunately. I did try to pull away trim and put little squares of foam backed tape where I thought the squeaks were for a while, now I...
  14. Wee-nemo

Carbon Dipped Engine Cover

If your fiancée is buying you car parts for your birthday, she's a keeper! Covers looking good!!
  15. Wee-nemo

Washer Bottle - Tiny?!

I think it's about 4.5L filled to the brim, going by my last refill. That's fairly average I reckon, I know on mine with the Xenons it squirts them EVERY time for about a second before starting on the screen, and the jets are a very uneconomical way of dispensing fluid compared with most cars...
  16. Wee-nemo

Winter tyres

Nokian WR D3s, had them on 3 different cars now fitted to the stock alloys and been very happy each time. Second in this years Auto Express winter tyre test, and also cheap on Oponeo.
  17. Wee-nemo

Radio Signal Help!!

Same problem here too, usually it's completely fine but occasionally goes very fuzzy. Trying to get a dealer to rectify an intermittent fault is like pulling teeth so have just put up with it so far.
  18. Wee-nemo

Fan washer Jets

Fair point I suppose. Either way it's a nice to have rather than an absolute necessity for most people. Fan jets would also be a very nice to have.
  19. Wee-nemo

Fan washer Jets

From what I remember, heated front seats and heated washer jets. I got mine ex-demo so didn't work up an order, but it had that option installed anyway. Heated jets I guess are to stop them freezing up while you're driving in below zero conditions, though I don't see how that prevents the...
  20. Wee-nemo

Fan washer Jets

If you've got the winter pack and want to keep the heated wiper nozzles, changing over to fan jets is about £45! Much cheaper to just use low temp fluid in winter and swap to the unheard version.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise