Search results

1. Lee's candy white fr (cupra extras)

Very nice. Must say, that kit looks good on a white car!
  2. Retrofitting instrument cluster

I stand corrected then. Would it be possible to use a FL Leon Cupra ECU in a non-FL LC (2008) model? Then maybe I could get a FL cluster. :clap:
  3. The Cupra: '08 Candy White Leon Cupra

Hey guys, Long time reader / lurker here. So, decided it's time for a rides thread. Some background info: Back in 2014, I was in the market for an Audi S4, however a friend suggested I buy his 2008 Seat Leon Cupra instead. At first I told him I was not interested. He later then told...
  4. Cupra 280 5 Door

Epic cars, wish VWSA had not pulled Seat from South Africa. :( Congrats and many happy miles!
  5. Water Pump for a CR170 TDI Engine (CEGA)

Yeah, they are both black, IIRC. So, you wont be able to tell from a picture.
  6. Advice please am I being told right?

If they could not communicate with the old unit; how did they code a new unit with your cars data? Also, AFAIK ABS units do not store information about the car they belong to. The ECU holds all the information needed to communicate with such devices. Sounds like they are trying to pull a fast...
  7. Water Pump for a CR170 TDI Engine (CEGA)

If its anything like the BWJ / BWA motors, the newer pump has a metal impeller, where the older one was plastic and prone to breaking.
  8. Ecu failure after a small fire, helpppppppp

That will not work. Has to be a Cupra.
  9. Ecu failure after a small fire, helpppppppp

Fair enough, I agree with this being the only way then.
  10. Ecu failure after a small fire, helpppppppp

Correct, the other one is for FR. The H version is for the Cupra and you cannot use any other. You will of course need to program the ECU I think, to match the clocks / key.
  11. Ecu failure after a small fire, helpppppppp

If he is paying "silly money" to his insurer, why not just get them to have it repaired at an authorized Seat repair shop? Far less hassle than the current task; and isn't this why he pays silly money to insurance anyway ?
  12. Retrofitting instrument cluster

As far as I know, this is not possible; due to some different protocols the ECU uses. I would like to fit a FL cluster to my Leon - which has the big screen MFS (But red dot). But I am hearing it too isnt possible.
  13. My 08 Candy White Cupra

Just epic. The front end is really completed with that splitter. I did not think orange would work behind the wheel on a CW LC. But it does and it looks epic! :D I've thought about getting stiffer mounts for the motor, but as you mentioned, I am not too keen on the extra vibrations that will...
  14. My 08 Candy White Cupra

No worries. Looking forward to the update. [B)] I'll be starting my thread on here soon. Even though I have had the car for a fair amount of time. :D
  15. My 08 Candy White Cupra

Such an epic thread. Love the updates mate. Your thread has given me many great ideas for mods to my MK2 CW LC. :D Any updates on the car?
  16. Rns-510 issues

I'll check my RNS-510 version, but I am sure there is a much newer firmware than that. Like 3xxx newer. Maybe give that a try?
  17. Intermittent Door Opening Problem

Codes might not show. I had my passenger door have this problem. However I never had any code come up. Replacing the lock, sorted the problem though.
  18. Rns-510 issues

Have you tried rebooting the unit? I think you hold the left and right arrow buttons down (top left) as well as the top right button (Speaker I think) and keep it pressed until the screen goes off. What firmware is on the unit?
  19. Rns-510 issues

Do you have an amp in the car?
  20. S3 Cooler- Are these real or fake ??

That's good of them to accept the return. Admitting they screwed up with the ad. Are you going to request an OEM one from them?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.