Search results

1. ibizacupradan

No more DSG?!

Was just having a nose on the SEAT website and found myself on the configurator of a new Cupra Black, and noticed there doesn't seem to be an option to spec DSG anymore? Not showing it for the regular Cupra either. Sorry if this has been covered already but I just wondered why, was easily my...
  2. ibizacupradan

Seat Scotland

Mate look for "Team Boc!" on fb. Most ibiza guys are on there, loads of scottish folk
  3. ibizacupradan

Terrible resale value?!

No i've discovered the hard way that webuyanycar and "sell your car scotland" are a total rip off...! Best offer I've had so far is from my local SEAT dealer who've offered me £10k for it. The thing is, I'm actually looking for a new Leon Cupra 280 so I'm considering going up at the weekend to...
  4. ibizacupradan

Terrible resale value?!

So I have a 2013 (63 plate) Ibiza Cupra facelift in emocion red, just over 16.7k on the clock, FSH, very good condition all round that I've owned since new and in getting some recent figures re: selling, I've struggled to get a value above £9.5k (this is a rough average based on the likes of...
  5. ibizacupradan

Greetings from Fife!

Rosyth dweller here! Any pics of your motor mate? :)
  6. ibizacupradan

Newbie from Fife

Welcome, Fifer here also ;)
  7. ibizacupradan

2011 Ibiza Salvage Project

Cracking project, nice colour too! Keep us posted :D
  8. ibizacupradan

A Possible Comeback - Opinions Needed - Ibiza MK5

I had a white Leon 1.6 TDI Ecomotive as a courtesy car while mine was in for a service recently and I found it a breeze to drive. Comfortable, smooth, lots of extras and ridiculously high MPG. And even though it was just the 1.6, wasn't too gutless either. If you can, I'd be looking for the 2.0...
  9. ibizacupradan

Dynamic Grey Cupra Arrived! + Few Questions...

Saw the pics on the Team Boc Facebook page, stunning colour! Are those the AP Racing optional brakes?! I was told they had discontinued them when they ordered mine! Also, was the fitting of the splitter exclusive to your Seat dealer? Or could I ask my local dealer to source + fit one for me to...
  10. ibizacupradan

Question of colour!

Very unusual colour I have to say, I had to google image search for a picture of one and I've never actually seen one in that colour before. There are quite a few going about in that Alor blue which I really like too. Technic grey 30 year edition ones look great by the way!
  11. ibizacupradan

Lowering

Cheers bud! I bought my set from another guy who upgraded to coilovers, but I found em here. Apparently it lowers it only 25mm on the front and 40mm on the back but it certainly doesn't look like that to me lol...
  12. ibizacupradan

Thinking of buying a Bocanegra?!?!

Generally, it only seems to be the older models which have the problems. My dad owned a 10 plate boc which ended up with the oil problems (was using 1l every 400 or so miles) and loads of other stuff and was at the garage with it every other week. This of course had the old CAVE engine. My...
  13. ibizacupradan

Lowering

H&R lowering springs
  14. ibizacupradan

End of the edition.

Black grilles are standard on the fl Cupra guys...
  15. ibizacupradan

New Ibiza Cupra

Had my f/l Cupra about a year too and I've never had to clean the white bits eitther. Can imagine just a wet cloth should do the trick though seeing as it is just a kinda plasticky material?
  16. ibizacupradan

SPS Auto Dimming?

I am so glad you posted this thread! Mine used to auto dim at nighttime and auto brighten again during the day but doesn't anymore! It's not a huge problem but is annoying having to manually toggle the "day/night" function in the maps lol
  17. ibizacupradan

Picking my Cupra up Monday

It probably won't feel as torquey, but it's only 5bhp less so probably won't feel that different lol. Plus you're getting a miles better gearbox
  18. ibizacupradan

Mk5 Cupra

I can't seem to get mine below 6.39 sec according to my SPS. The quoted time is 7.2 sec iirc
  19. ibizacupradan

Mk5 SE Copa spare wheel options?

My mk5 Cupra has 17" alloys on it but if I recall correctly, I believe the spare is a 16" steel. Potentially you can get away with the 15s from a base-spec mk1 Leon but it all depends on what you're willing to spend, really. Most spare wheels are covered in those stickers limiting you to 50mph...
  20. ibizacupradan

Mk5 Cupra

Fair enough, should be okay then. I'm not sure how important the gearbox oil change is in this country, I know it stemmed from cars in hotter countries suffering from gearbox problems with the synthetic stuff and that's why they've been changing them back to mineral. My car hasn't been recalled...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.