Search results

1. BAM engine and 02M gearbox

I have just got 115k on my Cupra R and the 3rd gear whine has appeared. Will be shimming it up in the next few weeks. I've had no engine issues really apart from a coil pack going that's it in 45k miles since I bought the car. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  2. What do you think of

I had a 2.0 petrol zetec S and never had any issues. Reliable, cheap to fix and had bags and bags of space for lugging stuff around. 2.0 petrol was gutless though, as is the 130 tdci. You would want an STTDCI really if you are thinking of one. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  3. Whining noise Cupra R

Thanks. Tried searching but nothing came up specifically. Will give it another go. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  4. Whining noise Cupra R

Thanks for the replies. The tensioner was replaced with the belt. Any easy way to diagnose if it's the alternator or a/c pump??? Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  5. Whining noise Cupra R

Hello all, hope you can help. I have a whining noise coming from the aux belt area. I hear it most at high revs in 1st and 2nd gear, in the higher gears it's not so noticeable. It is also audible with the car stationary, in neutral, even when the revs are built slowly to avoid spoiling the...
  6. What tyres do you guys run?

I have Ultrac Sessantas all round on my LCR. Grip is plenty for normal road use in wet and dry,but they seem to be wearing pretty fast at the front and I don't even drive the car hard. Would recommend them for the price Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  7. Which TYRES 225/45/17

I have ultrac sessantas and have no complaints at all, great in dry and wet and reasonably priced Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  8. Advice on buying a DV

The type of DV makes little difference whatsoever to noise in my experience. If you want wooshing and whistling you need an open cone filter, not a new DV Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  9. New clutch needed!

I just got a LUK clutch for my stage 1 LCR and so far so good, and it was an LUK one that came off it and that had no issues at all (it was the release bearing that failed). Eurocarparts is cheapest I could find, I got a discount code too but was for October only, but you should find one easy...
  10. what have you done to your car today ?

New clutch, flywheel and release bearing to the tune of 700 quid. It was only the release bearing that had failed grrrr, but it's like driving a new car now and will be good for another 100k or so Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  11. MK1 LCR Dumping Early

Could be a split pipe dumping the air, in turn causing the DV to dump due to pressure loss. Does it happen once boost reaches a certain amount, or does it hold boost then dump? Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  12. Leon cupra r 2005

Yeah I think it's just the aerodynamics of the car that causes it, it's worse on cold days Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  13. How many Miles

My LCR is just about to cross the 100k mark Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  14. Leon cupra r 2005

The mist on the rear windscreen is normal, I get it all the time. In terms of mapping, if you are on Android download the torque app and buy an OBD Bluetooth adaptor. Log the maf value, for standard car it should be around 180g/s. Mapped car will read 200+. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  15. Overfilled oil LCR

I did the same thing a few months ago, I'm convinced the dipstick is biased to make you think you have no oil as I went from a dry dipstick to about 5mm over with 2 litres of oil. I ended up buying a syphon pump from wickes for 30 quid to take about 1 litre back out again. I didn't want to risk...
  16. Clutch check

Thanks for all of the replies on this, I think I'll go for the sachs kit, it's a good price too. Should I be worried and get it done right away, or am I ok for a bit with the noisy release bearing? Could do with holding off til end of September if possible. Thanks Sent from my LG-H815 using...
  17. Clutch check

Clutch is noisy when depressed, noise stops when I take foot off the clutch. I'm having a garage do the work so don't have the luxury of checking first really as they are quoting 580 quid for the parts whereas I can buy the whole lot for 340. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  18. Clutch check

Quick question but is this the correct clutch for my Leon Cupra R stage 1? http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON-1-8-T-CUPRA-R-SACHS-DMF-FLYWHEEL-SACHS-CLUTCH-SLAVE-BEARING-BOLTS-/261300509702?nav=SEARCH Does anybody have experience of this clutch and are there any other recommendations? Its only...
  19. Sensor at front of intake manifold

Nevermind, I got it. Interested to know what it does as been driving around for a day with no apparent issues.
  20. Sensor at front of intake manifold

I had a lot of work completed on my cupra r yesterday and was under the bonnet today to change a sidelight bulb only to notice that the electrical connector at the front of the intake manifold is missing I.e. The plug is there but nothing is plugged into it. I can't see any wires hanging...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.