Search results

1. dm222

Leak on body frame

Yes condensation from AC, could also be rain... The ABS pump is there, on the right side I dont know of any other fluids there
  2. dm222

Leak on body frame

Either brake oil or water from AC
  3. dm222

Where to place jack stands?

Its done, it was extremly difficult to remove the hose, but other than that it was pretty easy
  4. dm222

Just removed the air box on my lunch time it was easy. Seems like it can be done from there. The wrost part is removing the hose, really hard and fragile but I think after removing the bolts I can do it at a better angle, regardless it would be even worse from underneath I dont feel safe...
  5. dm222

I was checking and I think I will try to replace removing the air filter instead of under the car. Do you know how to remove the air filter box?
  6. dm222

I will only do this next week but I only have the car oem jack so cant use it there as it will slip
  7. dm222

I guess the most important thing is the jack stands are in the correct place, in the jacking points because that is what will support the car when I am underneath Wonder if I use the jack to raise the car slightly to the side of the jacking point would be strong enough to support it. It will...
  8. dm222

Hi, I need to elevate the front of my car to replace a ruber seal that is leaking oil on the back of the engine. I have two jack stands and the car jack to elevate it. Wonder if there is enough space to put both here? Or is there a better way? Thanks
  9. dm222

Folding mirros

some have some don't if it has this symbol below it does
  10. dm222

Airbag issues after accident

Steering pump is in the front bumper so you will probably need a new one, probably got damaged, most likely the reservoir, but its not easy to replace the reservoir, probably it is easier to find an used pump. Also replace airbags if deployed, belts and crash sensors, and then clear errors with...
  11. dm222

Noise from suspension going over bumps

Mine does this I think its the dampers top mount. At least it stopped after I replaced the dampers with that part included. Now 6 years later its back, mainly when it rains, but I will just keep it like that
  12. dm222

Steering Wheel Change

the first facelift is compatible and you can keep the original airbag, if it is pre 2009 you may need to change the 4 white parts on the airbag the second facelift I dont know, the buttons wont work for sure, the airbag depends on the plug
  13. dm222

Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI 180hp... I have some questions

I think the only reliable engine from VW currently is the 1.0 TSI, but engines from Peugeot and Citroen are much worse
  14. dm222

Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI 180hp... I have some questions

yes mine does that too, cold or hot air depending of what it was doing the last time the fans were running
  15. dm222

Brake Fluid Top Up?

If the fluid is low enough to be a concern then probably its not just wear of the pads... He should definetly check for leaks to be on the safe side, if he doesnt find anything great!
  16. dm222

Brake Fluid Top Up?

if the car is under warranty check if it has any leaks so it gets fixed under warranty because I don't think its normal for the fluid level to go down
  17. dm222

Coolant smell through vents... 1.2 TSI

the dash doesnt change with engine, I have not seen how its done but I suspect the whole dash needs to come out
  18. dm222

the 1.4 16v leaks on the back of the engine, idk much about the 1.2 tsi unfortunatly do you smell the coolant in the engine compartment or just inside the car? does your floor get wet? could be the heater core, thats the wrost case scenario because it is hard to replace, needs to remove the...
  19. dm222

are you loosing coolant?
  20. dm222

Ibiza Fr 1.2tsi Won't Turn Over

do you hear a click from the starter or nothing?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members