Search results

1. Seat Ibiza Cupra Mk4 TDI "Breaking"

Hi all, I'm in London, the location work can be performed is in Wimbledon. The car is stock (Cupra TDI) apart from the fact I replaced a blown boost pipe with a metal one (fensport?). The turbo is on the way out, the front bumper is pretty scuffed up from a few knocks. Seems like getting the...
  2. Seat Ibiza Cupra Mk4 TDI "Breaking"

Hi all, Sorry to post this here but my privileges restrict my options. I'm trading my Mk4 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI in for a new VW under a scrappage scheme however, I thought I'd offer its parts up to everyone here. All parts are up for grabs however the car must remain drivable. Guess someone...
  3. Vacuum pipes TDI

Hi I've got a 1.9TDI Cupra. My vacuum hose near to the vacuum pump has split. Some of the other hoses seem very brittle, I'm thinking of changing the hoses that are accessible, can someone advise what hoses to buy (I/D & O/D) and perhaps recommend a source for them. Whats the diameter of...
  4. Jumping Dial Needles

Check all the terminals are tight on the battery fusible link panel (the thing attached to the positive battery terminal) just go over each nut and make sure it's tight, there's about a dozen of them. I'd suggesting doing this with the negative disconnected, if you don't make sure there's no...
  5. Common Mk4 Problems

I had a pound coin wedged in the tooth mechanism on mine that was stopping it from releasing the catch, have a close look at the mechanism from the rear footwell.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members