Search results

1. Front wipers stopped working

Thanks. Yes, bonnet closed.
  2. Front wipers stopped working

Afternoon all. "Fault: Windscreen wipers" appeared on the dash yesterday, and sure enough the front wipers don't work at all. Rear wiper is fine. But as I was driving with the fault I noticed at one point the front wipers randomly moved a tiny bit, so I tried them again and they worked - but...
  3. Thermostat replacement (and cost), and lots of other faults to repair - 1.8 TFSI

Thanks both. Yes, I'd read the same, that it's a pig of a job to change the thermostat and housing, which would probaby explain the high dealer price. The work's been done now, but certianly will look at an independent next time!
  4. Thermostat replacement (and cost), and lots of other faults to repair - 1.8 TFSI

Hi. I have a Sept 2013 FR, 1.8TFSI. The emission control light has lit up a couple of times recently - car still drove fine, but thought I should get it checked.It's been looked at by Letchworth Seat (who I've generally found to be very good in the past) who have diagnosed a stuck...
  5. DSG failure on holiday!

Sorry to hear about this. Doesn't fill me with much confidence! I had the two rear suspension drop links replaced a few months ago because there was knocking noises from the rear, and various other (more minor) repair work since too. The Sear garage said my dsg failure was "catastrophic" -...
  6. Headlights haze on glass

Thanks Kirky. Looks like a not uncommon problem, but no one on that thread managed to get it sorted. Would be interesting to find out if anyone has since then.
  7. Headlights haze on glass

My headlights seem to have millions of tiny micro-cracks on the inside of the glass units which are particularly noticeable when the lights are on. Anyone else got this or got it sorted? No moisture/condensation evident, no obvious gaps/leaks, and thoroughly clean on the outside. The car is now...
  8. DSG failure on holiday!

Update: Total cost of new DSG unit inc labour = £3795. Seat UK agreed to fund 100% cost of parts and 30% cost of labour because "you have full Seat service history". My total bill = £785.
  9. DSG failure on holiday!

On holiday in Cornwall, the car loses power and stops. Engine running fine but in drive or reverse no movement at all and revs barely change. After a 6 hour wait in the dark at a remote location the vehicle was recovered and the local garage think it's failure of the hydraulic pump unit inside...
  10. Fuel cap not locking

That's great Chris. I'll go and have another look at it now. I was imagining a metal mechanism of some kind.
  11. Fuel cap not locking

No, it doesn't. Must be a fault somewhere I suppose. I'll mention it when it next goes in for its service. As I say though, the strange thing is I just can't see a locking mechanism anywhere. The fuel cap on my old Audi A3 failed a few years ago but it was easy to see the locking mechanism on...
  12. Fuel cap not locking

Hi. I noticed the other day that the fuel cap doesn't lock on my 2013 Leon FR. Strange thing is, when I open it, I can't see a locking mechanism anywhere. Does anyone know if actually has one?! Cheers.
  13. Condensation rear light cluster

Good point.
  14. Condensation rear light cluster

I know there have been loads of threads on this, but I noticed condensation today when washing the car on the offside rear light cluster. It seems a lot of people have had the clusters replaced under warranty, but page 110 of the manual says: "In cold or damp weather conditions, the headlights...
  15. Radio interference when using charger socket

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I need to do a bit more experimenting really - trying other devices for example. I do wonder whether it's the length of the dashcam cables which might in effect be acting as separate antennas, causing the interference. I've installed the Koonlung K1S which has...
  16. Radio interference when using charger socket

I fitted a dashcam recently, powered from the 12v socket. Ever since, the DAB radio hisses and jumps channels, and FM and AM radio hiss. If I unplug the dashcam, all is fine. A friend with a Leon has the same problem when charging his phone from the 12v socket. Anyone had the same problem and...
  17. Seatbelt buckle 'stopper'

Barely worth posting really, but the other half says it uncomfortable across her lap so thought I'd post on here to look like I'm doing something about it!... All the seatbelts on my FR except the front passenger belt have a small plastic 'stopper' for the seatbelt buckle to stop it sliding...
  18. Dealer can't tell me if work is covered under warranty or not...

I posted a few weeks ago on here about the DAB radio losing signal on occasions. This started happening immediately after picking the car up from its first service, so I'm convinced the dealer has messed something up. I've now had it looked at by the dealer, and they've told me that the DAB...
  19. Excessive coolant loss????

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. I noticed the coolant level of my 1.8 TSI was just below the minimum line back in November last year. The dealer tested the system, found nothing wrong with it, and topped it up to just below the max line (when cold). Now, 2.5 months on, it's dropped by about...
  20. Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

The rattles in my FR are driving me mad. I fixed the door rattles myself some time ago, but now have: - A rattle coming from the windscreen air vent, worse when it's hot. If I lean forward and push on it it stops. - A squeak from the point where the dashboard meets the instrument cluster at the...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.