Search results

1. teeburn12

Alternator pulley

for the extra few quid think ill be getting the full kit. cheers for the links much appriciated
  2. teeburn12

Alternator pulley

new pulley it is then. cheers
  3. teeburn12

Alternator pulley

My alternator pulley has decided it didn't like being part of the car and jumped ship. i've seen the replacement pulley mentioned but my question is has anybody replaced just the pulley once its actually failed? will changing just the pulley be a long term fix or will it just fail again...
  4. teeburn12

upgrade or replace

thank for the replies. i believe its had a remap(previous owner but no documentation but does feel like it has) but no hardware upgrades. with previous cars i have owned i have tried to upgrade instead of replace however this is the first time i have had to replace anything on the brakes. so...
  5. teeburn12

upgrade or replace

I've been told that i am running low on meat on the rear discs and pads and that the calipers need refurbishing/replacing. Just wondering what my best options are. Should i stay standard or do i upgrade? Is it worth upgrading?will i notice the difference on the rear? What are the...
  6. teeburn12

Indicator relay clicking

i had a replacement relay which would constantly click unless indicators were being used lasted about 2-3 days then the relay burnt out. little bit of panic with the smoke from the dash but no damage done. i would advise against running the car whilst its constantly on
  7. teeburn12

Who's got a ill fitting flap?

I have seen people try and force the flaps open as they aren't aware of the button in side the car. Possible somebody has prised it open before realising.
  8. teeburn12

Turbo Vacuum Pipe Diameter?

did you ever find out the size of the pipe
  9. teeburn12

TDI MAP & MAF Sensors

I definitely want them doing due to some of them being frayed badly (EGR one culprit but it's blanked off) but my plan is to stick to either all black or 3 difference colours. Similar to the hand drawing I did when I made my post about the vacuum pipes! :) --Lee I may be reading this...
  10. teeburn12

Why does my oil light flash on first start up?

If it doesn't bother you then leave it be, if it does IMO get the sensor deleted.
  11. teeburn12

Why does my oil light flash on first start up?

Mine does this and its because i have the shallow sump on which doesn't have the sensor but i have not "deleted the sensor". Its not a problem if its flashing yellow, just keep an eye on the levels manually.
  12. teeburn12

someone scratched my car :(

Its worth considering although it doesn't affect your NCB, you will still have to declare the claim. so for as much as you still get the discount the original quote may be higher. My insurance nearly doubled because i had to declare 2 not at fault claims. i still had my NCB but i was deemed a...
  13. teeburn12

buying a Leon TDI - advice needed

its a 10 year old car. the mileage isn't that high. its about 12000 miles a year which is standard. check against old MOTs to how the miles have been done ie equal over the years or high recently.
  14. teeburn12

Rear wiper conversion help

Mine was stiff to remove but i found giving it a tap(nothing to aggressive) with a hammer and wiggle it off rather then pulling straight off. and plenty of WD40
  15. teeburn12

Rear brakes

My handbrake was sticking slightly in a morning so i put the above springs on and now the handbrake is much better. no sticking and less travel. £7 from ebay and minutes to fit
  16. teeburn12

Just another fuel question

IIRC when the light comes on there should be about 7 litres(1.5 gallons) of fuel left to dry. all cars i have owned the trip computer has always underestimated available miles presumably so cars don't run dry.
  17. teeburn12

Heated mirror fuse

you shouldn't have. least its a cheap fix.
  18. teeburn12

Heated mirror fuse

IIRC the heated mirrors switch is part of the heated rear window switch.
  19. teeburn12

Burning oil

In a word No
  20. teeburn12

Absolutely puzzled, overheating

does it overheat while driving "normally"? Did it ever overheat before the stat was changed?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.