Search results

1. mr.brown

312mm brake upgrade - a warning

Mk5 Golf is 5x112 6j Ibiza is 5x100 is it not? In which case you wouldn't be able to use the discs.
  2. mr.brown

LCR 225 vag scan 305 help with EML codes needed

I had the second and third codes on my Cupra and it was due to the PCV hoses being shot.
  3. mr.brown

VCDS nearby

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VAGUSB.html http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCDSLiteReg.html
  4. mr.brown

Troublesome locking.

Awesome, thanks. Not desperate yet as the remote key (usually) works but I think I'll order that part anyway.
  5. mr.brown

Troublesome locking.

What was the problem with the lock in the end? I'm having the same issue.
  6. mr.brown

2001 Leon Cupra - budget track car

Oh, and picked up some rimz too.
  7. mr.brown

Added another few hundred to the budget yesterday :( B4s, Eibach springs and Powerflex top mounts fitted - Whilst it was up on the ramps we noticed the rear pads were fubar, so a new Pagid set was ordered and fitted Adding to the Powerflex frenzy, new dogbone bush and rear wishbone bush...
  8. mr.brown

Leon Cupra project “The Black Mamba” 800++ HP 1.8t build(engine assembly page 9)

Great build. Random question - did you used to own a Scirocco?
  9. mr.brown

Cupra r wheel wobble.. :(

There's an LCR owner's thread on another forum where his car exhibited the same issues - he changed track rods/ends, bushes and even the entire subframe but it still did the same. He tried it with the TCS off and it drove perfectly well.
  10. mr.brown

Phenolic Gasket

Tell him to look under the "Water Pump" section - part number 050121113C (I think that'll be about £25 from the stealer too).
  11. mr.brown

Ok, so can't edit older posts ?!? Anyway, above pics are Bilstein B4 sport dampers - delivered next day courtesy of forum sponsor DPM Performance. These will pair perfectly with the Eibach springs I got before. The induction "kit" above was cobbled together from different sources, most notably...
  12. mr.brown

Well, actually got something done today. Brake pads on, brake and clutch fluid now blue :) Luckily the discs are pretty much new - and genuine VAG (as were the pads that came off - which I'm keeping safe). Fitted an LCR steering wheel and gearknob too :) The only downer of the day was VCDS...
  13. mr.brown

Leon lc/lcr which to get

LCR = better seats + steering wheel, more power, bigger wheels, different bumpers and side skirts. That said, I bought an LC - for 1/3 the price of the equivalent year/condition LCR :)
  14. mr.brown

Rear blinker flashing quicker than normal

Have you checked all three of the indicator bulbs on that side - a fast flashing indicator usually means one of the bulbs has blown.
  15. mr.brown

VAG Diagnostic cable and software purchase off ebay???

You can get one from one of the official VCDS distributors for not much more. At least with these guys you'll have some level of support - http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VAGUSB.html *just realised yours is an 03 - I'd ring and check that this is compatible *
  16. mr.brown

I might not be using them - late night ebaying is not conducive to a healthy bank balance :whistle:
  17. mr.brown

I now have a choice of suspension :D - Eibach Pro springs £90 delivered (new ones are nearly double that). I plan to do the first trackday on standard suspension, then maybe add the Eibach springs for the next and then maybe fit the G-Max kit after that - I should be pretty adept at...
  18. mr.brown

For those who's windows fog up from the inside...

I use a pair of these alternately http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thomar-604100-Dehumidifier-ThoMar-AirDry/dp/B002OC2REY/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1388587574&sr=1-3&keywords=moisture+absorber Once placed on the rear shelf it pretty much blends right in.
  19. mr.brown

Been buying stuff. The definition of "budget" - brand new G-Max suspension kit for £137.. Cost to date: £1263