Search results

1. rawcpoppa

Lucifer's ultimate guide: 1.4tsi fundamental problems

If your timing chain is acting up I urge you to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Some of these engines have bad timing chain tensioners. Not sure if Vw has a too for it but there are timing chain tensioner kits for the 1.4 tsi that are easily available on eBay. Fix that the same time as...
  2. rawcpoppa

The dealer is looking to help me so fingers crossed. Mine is 4 years 9 months. I thought I was goosed as the mechanical warranty is up after only 2 years.
  3. rawcpoppa

Wow. This can't be a coincidence. My mileage is low. Only about 128k km. Replaced clutches, replaced mechatronic. The dealer is going to ask Vw for goodwill on a new gearbox. This is surreal. The gearbox is so simple on that side. Not fancy at all. Don't see why it can't hold up.
  4. rawcpoppa

Looking at the Miata ND myself
  5. rawcpoppa

Can be knowledgeable but at some point it gets to be too many things repaired and replaced. Part of the fun is knowing you can access the performance of your car at any time. I'm heading towards leaving vw group at this point. It's unfortunate because these cars are fun to drive and practical.
  6. rawcpoppa

Lol! Don't get me wrong. I love mine too but...wow so many things apart from the twinchargers can go wrong with respect to the gearbox that one may say "sigh". My dq200 has a problem with the synchromesh for third gear.
  7. rawcpoppa

I suspect he sold and moved along.
  8. rawcpoppa

DSG too hot issues

Probably a faulty temperature sensor. I can't remember where it's located but most likely its in the mechatronic unit. You may have to change the mechatronic unit as a result as dealers don't open it under any circumstances.
  9. rawcpoppa

Calling all 7-Speed DSG owners!

It's normal. It doesn't have much fluid to dampen noises like other trannies so you hear the gear selections at low speeds. Don't hear it at higher speeds due to wind noise.
  10. rawcpoppa

It's part of the waterpump. Not sure you can buy the magnetic clutch separately.
  11. rawcpoppa

supercharger problem

The supercharger is far away from the radiator. Possibly they scanned as part of routine checking and picked up on it. Radiator is to the front with the supercharger all the way behind the engine....or maybe they just saw a snapped belt lol. Anyways glad you got yours sorted. It's depressing...
  12. rawcpoppa

supercharger problem

Would have been interesting to see the error code stored if any. Can't remember what the car measures for the supercharger
  13. rawcpoppa

supercharger problem

If I'm reading correctly the belt snapped because the supercharger seized up?
  14. rawcpoppa

Hybrid turbo ibiza

Looks good. Can you explain the benefits of a hybrid turbo and what exactly makes it a hybrid? Is it made for any twincharged 1.4 tsi?
  15. rawcpoppa

Drivers door won't lock!!

I have the same problem with a Jetta mk 6. Mine locks if I turn the lock with the physical key. When I scan with vcds it says there is an electrical fault with the motor in the driver door. One user said spray the lock with wd40 as it may be dirt clogging the mechanism. I will try n report...
  16. rawcpoppa

Collant level droped!

Lol wasn't trying to scare the op but these engines really do hate overheating and the fear is fresh in my mind as I had a coolant leak through the waterpump recently. Coolant turned grey in colour. My heart was nearly in my mouth.
  17. rawcpoppa

Collant level droped!

No not normal. What's the colour of the coolant now? Could be leaking thru the water pump or a hose maybe or worse into the engine.
  18. rawcpoppa

If your car is cold the startup is different. Revs may be higher during warm up phase.
  19. rawcpoppa

supercharger problem

Ok glad you got it solved. No pull until turbo involved sounds like the clutch on the waterpump wasn't engaging the supercharger OR a damaged belt connecting supercharger to waterpump for example. Simple fix but a bitch to actually take apart the different tensioners and pulleys.