Search results

1. Leon FR - anyone else missing the lefthand boot net?

Yeah, all these items were deleted from standard spec and made optional. Mine is 63 plate and has the under seat storage boxes and centre console flap but not the boot net. I've been very pleased with mine, apart from the odd snag and build quality issue it's a great car. Sent from my...
  2. Leon FR - anyone else missing the lefthand boot net?

As the OP I'd also be interested to know how you get on. However I don't think it's quite as simple as buying the net... The parts catalogue shows clips and grommets that the net fits into: I can't find any pre-drilled holes under the carpet, so unless you fancy drilling blind, in order to...
  3. Wsher Jets

The cheap ones are pattern parts, not genuine OEM. Some listings mention VEMO part no. V10-08-0319 which look alright, don't know about the aliexpress ones.
  4. Has anyone solved the 'clunk' at the rear?

Understood, I'm not blaming the techs. The SEAT dealership 'experience' is pretty awful though.
  5. Has anyone solved the 'clunk' at the rear?

Mine clunks at the rear, noticeable particularly when cold, over speed humps etc. Mentioned it at the first (2yr) service, apparently they couldn't hear anything and declared No Fault Found. I couldn't be bothered to argue.
  6. Dash binnacle rattle - any fixes?

I performed the TPI as per erWin to stop the instrument cluster rattling but there was still a rattle from the instrument binnacle surround. In the end I replaced the 4 trim clips which secure the binnacle surround into the dash. Its completely rattle free now and has been for months - wish I...
  7. MK 3 leon front bumper removal

Some relevant information here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407064
  8. seat erwin

I've used ErWin on a number of occasions to legitimately access workshop information. Its a bit of a navigational mess - definitely a learning curve to figure out where everything is. But basically you can find there: - Vehicle specific information (essentially the build summary sheet) -...
  9. Have you had the headlight issue?

Update - had 4 instances of the offside headlight not levelling last week. Bit poor..
  10. Have you had the headlight issue?

Yes I get the self-levelling issue, seemingly always on the drivers side. Not sure whether it only happens when cold, or just that its more noticeable since the last service when the dealer adjusted them for me. At least they no longer point at the ground!
  11. "VW scandal": 1.4 ACT PETROL ENGINE

I agree with your distinction. However I'd still argue that the inadequacy of the testing methodology (for instance predictable throttle input, no steering movement etc.) allowed VAG to identify when a vehicle was under test and adjust parameters accordingly to ensure it complied. European...
  12. "VW scandal": 1.4 ACT PETROL ENGINE

A few years ago we had the 'flexi wings' controversy in Formula 1 where designers exploited the fact that aerodynamic parts, which were supposed to run a certain minimum height from the tarmac, were only tested by the rule makers with a static weight. By engineering the parts to have a...
  13. Sport mode throttle map reverts to Normal?

Thanks for your replies. Should have pointed out mine is a manual - there was no DSG option on the 2013 1.4's. Understand the principle of it, but it might have made more sense if the car toggled fully out of sport mode into normal - i.e. door card lights, mode button light - same as...
  14. Sport mode throttle map reverts to Normal?

Hi all, Something's been bugging me about my 63 plate 1.4 FR. When the car is in sport and you turn the ignition off, next time around the throttle map seems to revert to normal mode, even though the car is still in sport, door LED's are red etc. Toggling to another mode and back to sport...
  15. Leon Cupra Front Bumper Removal

Some information here which also applies to the Cupra http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407064
  16. Purchasing Advice, Help!

Don't confuse the 1.4TSI 140 as used in the Leon 5F with the previous generation of VAG engines. It is most certainly not the twincharged unit which liked to burn oil. AFAIK, both the 140 and the 150ACT are from the same engine family (EA211) - differences being the 150 now complies with...
  17. Car broken into but no damage

Same happened round our way, although fortunately not to my Leon. Police caught them in the end, apparently they had some simple jammer which just prevented the fob from locking the vehicle. Always pays to double check its locked before walking away - if you use the convenience mirror fold...
  18. Remove front bumper

I posted some information which may be of use in this thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407064
  19. What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

Oh yes forgot about the boot net, done that too. And yeah those door catch covers look very neat!
  20. What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

Fan washers (big improvement), VAG mudflaps, boot liner, LED bulbs in boot and glovebox.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members