Search results

1. Steve_B

certain laws...fog lights, number plates!

This works really well if you're driving a SAAB 9-3 with Xenon headlights so I've been told :whistle:
  2. Steve_B

Rear Washer Jet

As finn said, it's a single unit so the whole lot needs to be replaced, mine was also done under warranty so no idea of the cost. I'd guess it's easy enough to do yourself, so get the parts off one of the dealers on here, do the job yourself and save £60 labour charge
  3. Steve_B

Rear Washer Jet

I had this on my LC. it turned out to be the post that contains the washer jet had snapped and ended up turning with the wiper blade. Had it replaced under warranty.
  4. Steve_B

Black Magic paint

iirc it's not the same paint, either that or I've not mixed it up correctly, it didn't have the same metallic look as the Seat Black Magic paint and made the stone chips on my car really stand out afterwards. You can order the paint from the dealers so that may be the easier option, at least...
  5. Steve_B

Cupra vs. Evo 5

Do a search, this question seems to be coming up every other day at the moment. Bear in mind that this is a Seat site, and as we all know the LCR is the fastest car on the planet, so the answers may be a bit biased :D
  6. Steve_B

Fuel Cost no object; which Cupra would you buy? PD160 or 180?

I drive a diesel Saab 9-3 and a petrol Leon Cupra. Out of the two the Leon is much better to drive, the Saab, which has been remapped by Hirsche to 175BHp, but like all diesels has no go under 1500 rpm and with a 4500 rpm rev limit I always find I'm having to changing gear which is a problem...
  7. Steve_B

312mm ON THE FRONT 256mm @ REAR

Thought you'd be asking about a Leon Cupra or Cupra R seen as this post is in the Leon section not the Toledo one :D
  8. Steve_B

312mm ON THE FRONT 256mm @ REAR

iirc the front disks are the same size on the LC but the rear disks are the smaller 239mm solid disks I'd doubt they'd fit, unless you're going to get some new calipers and possibly caliper mounting kit that would be correct for the wider bigger disks. I wouldn't bother with this kit, seems...
  9. Steve_B

Who's been up against a Civic Type R?

Doesn't matter who argues what's the fastest. We all know that an LCR is so fast it even leaves light trailing in its wake, although a LC TDi will run it close :p
  10. Steve_B

Climatronic diagnostics

Didn't work in my girlfriends mk3 Ibiza either when I tried it last
  11. Steve_B

Brake Disks... replacement time

My LC is still on its original disks and pads and has done 46k miles, most of it has been motorway mileage though so there won't have been too much wear. I can feel that they are getting near to needing replacement soon because the car doesn't stop like it used to
  12. Steve_B

tyre help needed asap

They're both the same tyre I'm just lazy and couldn't be bothered to type out their full name :D There are two types though, the XL version with the stiffer sidewalls and the non XL version. I got the non XL version, the roads around my house are very bad as it is so something that makes the rid...
  13. Steve_B

Top Gear lap times

Probably MK4 and MK5 Golf. The MK5 supposedly handles better than the old one which would explain the difference in lap times
  14. Steve_B

Top Gear lap times

It may be much faster in a straight line but it's a heavy car so may not be able to carry the speed in the corners as well as the LCR. I'd guess that a much slower car (straight line speed wise) can lap just as fast as a much faster car if it can hold the speeds in the corners better
  15. Steve_B

Chipped LC vs Standard LCR 210

They've both go the same basic engine but the main difference is that the LCR has a bigger turbo and twin intercoolers compared to the LC
  16. Steve_B

Chipped LC vs Standard LCR 210

I don't think there'll be much difference in normal driving on the road between an LC or LCR chipped or not. If you're on a track then it's a different matter, I still wouldn't expect the LCR to be massively better than the LC imo
  17. Steve_B

tyre help needed asap

Tyre wear is also relative to how you drive, if you're driving everywhere like you stole the car then you'll only get a few thousand miles out of a set out tyres. I don't drive like Miss Daisy by any means but after 7k miles my GSD3's are only half worn on the front, so 14k miles would be about...
  18. Steve_B

New Windscreen required - Skuttle panel removal?

The skuttle panel just pops out. You need to take the rubber seal off the top of the bulkhead. Gently lift the side nearest the engine up so that you can disconnect the washer jet pipes. Next you need to remove the wipers, which can be a :censored: and then gently pull the skuttle panel off the...
  19. Steve_B

New Windscreen required - Skuttle panel removal?

I'm not sure if it's still the case but you used to be able to get a heating element repair kit that contained a pen that had conductive ink / gel that you could repair the heating elements with, or you could try something like this conductive pen and remake the broken part in the heating element.
  20. Steve_B

Cheap Microfibre cloths - Costco

You need to be careful using Wonder Wheels, it's acidic and can damage the lacquer on the wheels. I use microfibre cloths from Morrisons, 99p for 3 which isn't too bad. They're not as big as these cloths but I use them inside the car so that's not too much of a problem to me.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise