Search results

1. Ant

Servicing in Bristol/North Somerset

I'm in the area, but decided to use Capitol Newport instead after the Holders salesperson didn't inspire me with much confidence when I was looking to buy. I've used them for puncture repairs out of convenience, but nothing more. Never tried Blade for anything, but a couple of people at work...
  2. Ant

Servicing - being told different things by dealers

The more I look in to this, the more I confuse myself too... My car was on Longlife at delivery, but I took it for the first service at 8 months/10k miles and had it changed on to fixed intervals to better suit the usage it was getting. This first (oil change) service cost me £169, which would...
  3. Ant

2.0 150 or 184??

My 150 is on Fuelly. If I make any effort to drive economically, it'll average about 57mpg on a normal mixed commute, and low 60's for long distance motorway stuff.
  4. Ant

Dash Cam Location

My camera hangs from the passenger sun visor using a head torch strap... works a treat :) Almost invisible from the outside, no adhesives needed, decent field of view, 2 pieces of corrugated cardboard to stop it bouncing on the elastic, and endlessly adjustable. I don't have the lane assist...
  5. Ant

18" Tyre Pressures

Just found this in my Dropbox... :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g4evpm6aqckoni/IMAG0195.jpg?dl=0
  6. Ant

Instrument / Dial lights

From memory, someone on here said that the daylight sensor that controls this is located in the instruments - I haven't tried it personally, but if you shine a torch/phone screen into the dials, they should light up again. A good upgrade from a 308 though, whichever way you look at it :)
  7. Ant

Instrument / Dial lights

Welcome :) Yeah, a few people have mentioned this before. The dials go out when it's dark to prompt you to turn your lights on. Standard feature across a lot of the VW Group now, although they all neglect to tell anyone about it or mention it in the manual. What spec have you gone for?
  8. Ant

New Car Queries

First service is normally £169, although some dealers do it for a bit less. http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/en/services-and-accessories/service/first-year-service.html
  9. Ant

New Car Queries

The only corner that can be changed is the lower left, which switches from odometer to cruise control speed when the cc is switched on. Stats like fuel range can only be shown in the middle of the display. Yes, unfortunately. It sounds like your car is set for fixed intervals, which means...
  10. Ant

Seat leon 1.2 tsi SE

The tech pack has been free for about 18 months now if I remember correctly - only the very early models and those bought by fleets won't have it, so when you go to sell later on, it will be one of very few cars that doesn't have it fitted. I don't think it's worth a £1k premium on a used car...
  11. Ant

1.8tsi start up noise

We have a Mk7 Golf 1.4 TSI 122PS that does this too, although at a marginally higher pitch than in BenN's video.
  12. Ant

Brake noise...

My old Polo used to collect stones that would get stuck between the back of the caliper bracket and disc, and made graunching sounds whenever I pulled away. Just had to take the caliper off and flick the stones out - never any marks on the disc itself, as the stones were never near the pads so...
  13. Ant

Wiper Blades

Being sat unused for so long has probably been a contributory factor. When in use, the wipers will rest in slightly different positions to prolong the life of the blade. If it's been sat in the same position for so long, I can see why the blades may have worn unusually fast. I'm surprised it...
  14. Ant

Fuelly with Leon 184

http://www.fuelly.com/faq/31/engine-type-codes :)
  15. Ant

Seat servicing plan

New Leons come with 2 years of breakdown cover, which is pretty comprehensive as cover goes: http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/en/services-and-accessories/Warranty-and-roadside-assistance/roadside-assistance.html
  16. Ant

Auto Locking

The Leon will only auto-lock when you exceed 10mph (if set to do so), or if you unlock it remotely and don't open any doors within 30 seconds. If you lock it with the fob, it can't be unlocked from the inside of the car, so the option is still there if you want to... :)
  17. Ant

Whirring... Fan?

I would consider a short journey as less than 15-20 miles, with less than 50% on a motorway/dual carriageway. My daily commute is 25 miles each way with about 15 of those on the motorway, which still gives regular active regens. Annual mileage is around 12,000 - any less than this and I...
  18. Ant

Whirring... Fan?

Yeah, the longer drives should help it a lot. You might find that as the engine gets a few miles on it, it will run more efficiently and require fewer active regens. My fuel economy improved significantly after the 5,000 mile mark, and I'm also noticing fewer regens than when it was new. It's...
  19. Ant

Whirring... Fan?

The main factor causing the regens is the soot content in the DPF which reduces its' efficiency - usually worsened by lots of cold starts and short journeys that don't allow enough time at the optimum temperature to clear it passively. The car's action to initiate an active regen raises the...
  20. Ant

Service schedules?

The link I posted applies to all SEAT models by the way, so naturally only covers generic steps instead of those relating to specific engines or models, such as the ones you mention.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise