Search results

1. sixysix

Gearstick gator removal

Also bear in mind, maybe try from the other side if you have not tried already as diagrams are usually from a European left hand drive car.
  2. sixysix

Gearstick gator removal

Not done it myself, but looking at the tool, looks like there are two clips on the left you need to push inwards to the right , then lift the gator up. I have only ever done the A pillars and they were a pain to remove as the metal clips have a good hold.
  3. sixysix

Upgrading my wheels

Go max 18's as suggested. The 19's look lovely, but you will have more gap in the arches and the ride will be firmer. You can then lower it to reduce the arch gap but then the ride quality will suffer even more as a result.
  4. sixysix

Low coolant warning

Could have been topped up with the regular blue coolant which will turn the color brown and not good for the system. Will need flushing if that is the case and then refill with the correct pink/purple G13 coolant.
  5. sixysix

Air Filter and Service Plan

I just had my 4th year service. I just don't trust from previous services from Seat that they will fit all the parts that are listed in the service schedule. And the parts in brackets (If needed) means not needed in their eyes. So 4th year, I got Seat to change oil and filter only. Changed...
  6. sixysix

Boot Struts

I just ordered these, the ones from post £100 on the 12 Feb and turned up yesterday 16 Feb. Much faster than I was expecting from Europe. Took 2 minutes to fit and work much better and boot can open from the fob now although it is slightly harder to close when at the last few inches but...
  7. sixysix

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Well put dw9, Also look here https://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/blog/2015/12/3d-number-plates-legal.html Oh and to make things worse, I got to work today to find that the rear plate that the dealer fitted/Stuck on, had fallen off somewhere :wtf: Called then straight up and they are...
  8. sixysix

As said, there are loads of these type of plates on cars on the road from new and I am sure these plates are legal which means the tester is wrong to fail them. Either that, or dealers along with SEAT are supplying illegal plates on brand new cars. I think I know which is more likely...
  9. sixysix

Yes BS marked which I told them. Not just the plates that have BS on them!
  10. sixysix

Missing service book

It would have had a hard life over the 32k and been driven hard at times. Bargepole springs to mind. There are loads of other options out there with fewer ???
  11. sixysix

Cheers matey, I was certain they are legal and did double check on my phone while I was at the dealers but the service guy would not budge and said the tester was right and I told them to call their vosa rep to confirm but they think they are right. I have SEAT customer services calling...
  12. sixysix

This plate
  13. sixysix

Got my 3rd years service today along with the cars 1st M.O.T. What do you know, they fail the car due to illegal number plates. Number plates that were fitted to the car from new. they are the 3D Effect plates which I know full well are legal but the dealer and tester were having none of it...
  14. sixysix

Diesel filler cap!

I noticed this holder first time I filled the car up with diesel. Might have been due to the fact that it took 5 mins to get the nozzle into the filler neck lol
  15. sixysix

Spot the new Cupra owner

Well mine was just the bonnet that needed replacing so could have been a lot worse and would be very unhappy if it was the entire side of the car. Car is all fixed now at my cost and waiting to hear back from my insurer as I have given them all the details of the other vehicle. Mercedes tail...
  16. sixysix

Spot the new Cupra owner

You mean like this? I always park away from others in car parks to reduce the risk but there's always one. I could park in that empty car park above and would probably still get whacked, or at the very least a huge bird turd on the roof. Will stop feeling sorry for myself now :lol:
  17. sixysix

Spot the new Cupra owner

Until a plane needs to make an emergency landing! Wonder which carpark he will choose!
  18. sixysix

Mother thumper

Yes mate, even when I spoke to SEAT ensurance before I got the work done, they recommended this place as a SEAT approved repairer. My excess is £200 or £450 if I use my own bodyshop choice and as I am not sure how it will end up with the third party claim, I went with them. The bonnet does...
  19. sixysix

Dealer rudeness

Take deposit back and find somewhere who will value you're custom. Then, as said, contact the branch owner and SEAT UK and let them know how this guy is losing them both a sale.
  20. sixysix

Mother thumper

Just a quick update, Not heard anything from my insurers yet but have said they will be contacting other parties insurers so am waiting to hear back on that. Will be popping the 207 form into the police tomorrow so will see what that brings as well. Went to collect my car on Wednesday which...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members