Search results

1. Am I getting royally f'd over on my service? [1.0 ecotsi 95]

Took the wife's car in for a service, not had a proper one in years so went for the full works, including spark plugs and A/C re-gas. £450..... The bloke tried to make the case that because its an ecotsi it needed Iridium spark plugs or some bs which are expensive hence the increase in cost...
  2. Gearbox on its way out??

I've also noticed now that if I attempt to shift from 1st to 2nd at high revs it won't do it!
  3. Gearbox on its way out??

Could be, I've now booked it in for a service so will get them to check it oout
  4. Gearbox on its way out??

2006 MK2 FR TSI Few weeks ago I changed from 1st to 2nd and it 'popped' out, ever since then when I change into either 1st,3rd or 5th it feels like it doesn't go all the way forward into the linkage. Now today it was stuck in neutral for about for a few minutes, but then after a few wiggles I...
  5. Static noise from standard HU

Does anyone else get this? Especially when on AUX, even if nothing is plugged into it I get allot of static. Was looking at getting a replacement head unit anyway, is this likely to sort the problem? I'm thinking that there's probably an issue with the wiring or inputs on my current standard unit.
  6. Engine shaking - engine light came on [PICS]

Update. Ended up taking it to a garage, they ran a diagnostic and found and cylinder 2 to be the issue. Visibly the coil pack looked OK so I found this a bit strange. So I've had a new one installed and its now completely fine! Looks like the coil pack on cylinder 1 (pictured above) was on its...
  7. Engine shaking - engine light came on [PICS]

Checked the damping material, its really wet but just on the left side where the suspect chamber is. I've now replaced the ignition coil but its still acting like a pos. Does the fault need to be cleared so the engine knows that cylinder 1 is working again?
  8. Engine shaking - engine light came on [PICS]

Yeah I have an engine cover. I still have the original damping material on the roof of the bonnet also. I'll go and check to see if its wet as you say. I'll check that thread, thanks again.
  9. Engine shaking - engine light came on [PICS]

Thanks Jon, sounds logical. Is it worth trying to swab that chamber and give it a good clean out before replacing the coil pack? I'm picking up a replacement today.
  10. Engine shaking - engine light came on [PICS]

The car had brand new spark plugs in its last service in January. And forgot to mention its a MK2 pre-fl FR TFSI.
  11. Engine shaking - engine light came on [PICS]

I've noticed this past week that my car stutters slightly when running from cold (would normally be OK after a minute) - not only that but it sometimes takes longer to turn over. Less than 6 months ago I had the same symptoms and found the coil pack to be the culprit, when I took it out it...
  12. A/C & fan speed

Held it down for longer (at least 30 secs) No difference.. Maybe it needs to be done in VCDS?
  13. A/C & fan speed

As in the LCD gives no indication that anything is happening like on the Altea video
  14. A/C & fan speed

This menu isn't accessible on the Leon by the looks.
  15. A/C & fan speed

I'll look into it, I believe theres some slight differences in the 2 systems, I don't believe you can access some of the menus with the Leon CC system as you can with the Altea's
  16. A/C & fan speed

Still at a loss on this one. Especially on a hot day - the fans blow absolutely fine when I use ECON - the second I turn off ECON the vents stop blowing... If I crank up the temperature high enough then it works...but thats no good to me. Whats responsible for controlling the air flow?
  17. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Fitted a refurbed set of 18" Leon Andromeda wheels to my FR with brand new Michelin's - so much better! Can't go back to budget tyres now. Also gave the tailpipe a clean with some wire wool and some autosol, and a general clean to the rest of the car finished with some quick detailer. Like...
  18. Cabin temperature sensor location

Thanks! So I assume then that the Altea has an almost identical climate control system?
  19. Cabin temperature sensor location

Where can I find this?? I've searched but can't find anything definitive . My climate control is all over the place! Doesn't know of its hot or cold inside the car. Leon MK2 FR
  20. A/C & fan speed

I have a 2007 FR TFSI, recently had a new A/C pump + regas. I've noticed that if I don't turn the a/c on, the air speed from the vents is quite strong and easily adjustable, however the second I turn on the a/c, the air through the vents is very weak? This is despite the blower motor running at...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.