Search results

1. Excalpino

My Winter Wheels Solution

Very Cool!
  2. Excalpino

Hi Anthony - I had correspondence with Seat over the 16" issue for 2 reasons - 1. I had a set of 16" Michelin Alpin with another 2 winter's life in them and was considering buying 16" rims for the Leon. 2. I had a 16" space saver supplied with the car...
  3. Excalpino

The Enzo ( W) wheels, which I have, are a new line recommended for Winter. (Why for winter I do not know) Enzo are the lower cost range made by AEZ. They came with a full set of wheel nuts and centring rings. Do not be put off by the low prices - you can pay a lot more elsewhere for these...
  4. Excalpino

Cheers Biker - called Hastings Direct this afternoon - they just make a note of the call and all is well. :happy:
  5. Excalpino

Hi Guys, Thought I would share my choice of Winter Wheels. My FR 184 came with 18" Performance Alloys fitted with Bridgestone Potenza S001. Having been 'converted' to the benefits of Winter Tyres for the last 4 years here in rural Perthshire I have been looking for the right choice. For my...
  6. Excalpino

FR 180/184 16" wheels

Hi - a few questions is your FR a 180/184 with the larger front disks? If yes have you tried it on a front axle? Where did you buy? How much? Thanks
  7. Excalpino

Leon FR Wheel Fittings

The ET setting for Leon should be 45-50
  8. Excalpino

FR 180/184 16" wheels

Hello, I know that Seat CS do not recommend fitting 16" wheels to the FR models that have the larger front disks but I was wondering if anyone has done it? As long as the rims clear the calipers I cannot see a problem. The Oponeo site comes up with a 16" wheel for this model. I cannot...
  9. Excalpino

Fr184 mpg

see signature for fuelly data
  10. Excalpino

Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

My March 2014 FR184 5 door has completed 5000 rattle free miles. :)
  11. Excalpino

Wheel compatability Mk2 to Mk3

Can anyone tell me if 17" alloys from a MK2 FR will fit onto a Mk3 FR 184. I am considering a purchase for winter.
  12. Excalpino

Spare wheel

I agree 225/45 17 tyre = 432mm rim + 2*101.25mm sidewalls = 634mm diameter and 1992 mm circumference, it's the different size of the space saver that concerned me ... but it doesn't concern Seat?
  13. Excalpino

Spare wheel

My car was supplied with 18" performance alloys as requested, however the 'space-saver' spare is a 16" wheel fitted with a 125/70 R16 tyre. I was told that this was a result of 'supply difficulties' at the time of manufacture, ( week 11). The '70' part of the tyre spec is the height of...
  14. Excalpino

Steel Winter Wheels & Tyres 16"

See earlier posts here and in Spare Wheel thread for full history on this. I have, after a wait of 20 DAYS received an emailed response from Seat UK Customer services; "Dear Mr xx I am writing to you with regards to your ongoing enquiry with SEAT UK Customer Services. Please accept my...
  15. Excalpino

Spare wheel

See earlier posts for full history on this. I have, after a wait of 20 DAYS received an emailed response from Seat UK Customer services; "Dear Mr xx I am writing to you with regards to your ongoing enquiry with SEAT UK Customer Services. Please accept my apologies for the delay in...
  16. Excalpino

Traded car for Seat Leon

Honda Civic 2.2d EX 140bhp on 18" alloys with all the toys on 08 plate......... lots of torque but very narrow power band, ( 2000- 3000) very firm suspension and front -end heavy with a tendency to understeer. Leon 184 reminds me what it used to be like driving a petrol car! 2000 - 4000...
  17. Excalpino

Pool Age Buyers Seat Leon

66 .....but it's just a number :)
  18. Excalpino

Battery

I have just checked my Tdi 184 FR and it has battery clearly marked AGM other markings:- VARTA 7PO 915 105 12V 68Ah It would be normal for diesels to have higher Ah values due to higher compression but I cannot add any enlightenment on the AGM vs EFB debate.
  19. Excalpino

FR 18" Alloys - advice please

I was recently in contact with Seat Customer Services on another matter concerning Wheels and tyres and received the following email. "Thank you for your recent contact with SEAT UK Customer Services regarding wheel and tyre specifications for your Leon FR 2.0 TDI. Our Parts Team have...
  20. Excalpino

Spare wheel

The '70' part of the tyre spec is not mm; It is the height of the tyre sidewall as a percentage of the width. Also known as the aspect ratio. i.e. a 125/70 has a sidewall height of 125mm* 0.70 = 87.5mm a 225/40 tyre has a sidewall height of 225mm *0.4 = 90mm my 205/55 winter tyres will have a...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.