Search results

1. Handbrake Adjustment

I'll be getting some of those springs thanks for posting :) Managed to loosen the calliper so it'll engage the parking brake and get through the MOT.. But now ive noticed its not returning all the way to the metal stop point when the brake is released. Will fitting some of these springs...
  2. Handbrake Adjustment

did you manage to fix this yourself? Ive got the exact same problem and need to get it sorted for the MOT
  3. Hiss when using turbo - pd130

Oh yeah loads better! feels much stronger accelerating in higher gears now. MPG has gone up too :)
  4. Whats the Mileage on your TDI

Currently 129k on a 2005 Leon 130PD I had another 130 which was unfortunately written off in an accident last year, that one was a 2004 with 198k at the time of the accident. Other than water leaks all was in order although MPG was always 48-49 and the new car has been doing 51+
  5. Silicon Dielectric Grease - Smoother running, more responsive & less smokey TDI!!

Makes perfect sense I'll give this a try thanks :)
  6. Hiss when using turbo - pd130

Thanks for your reply :) Ive since cleaned up and re fitted the fittings. Car pulls stronger and no more hiss. I'll be keeping a close eye on it and if it happens again will try some new seals and clips. Also checked the lower intercooler pipe - seems fitted ok but quite oily, im guessing this...
  7. cant find TDI 130PD boost leak

Managed to find it :) It was the big pipe connecting to the top of the intercooler (behind front driver side headlight) It had popped half out. Cleaned up the oil, clip and o ring and re fitted. Took the car for a test run and the noise is gone.. now pulling stronger as well :) The only noise...
  8. Anyone got a TCS Button from TDI 130 i can buy?

Possibly. Ive only ever owned the 130pd. Id imagine at least the 150pd would have the same button Located down near the handbrake and next to the fuel cap release button. I'll buy the whole switch if i cant find the button. Was just trying to avoid spending £25 on it unless i really had to
  9. Hiss when using turbo - pd130

I took some pictures, hopefully it shows enough. This is where the big pipe goes down behind the front headlight. The fitting doesnt look like its seated correct? and also its very oily down there Problem is i cant look at this part of another car to compare.
  10. Hiss when using turbo - pd130

Thanks :) I'll look into those seals. There is quite a bit of oil down there. Im not sure its even connected right by the look of it
  11. Anyone got a TCS Button from TDI 130 i can buy?

Thanks ive just had a look but only found the whole switch for £25. I was hoping id be able to find just the plastic button. i guess its not very likely though
  12. Strange electrics and goings on!

I had a faulty CCM before which was causing problems with my electronics. Im not sure if it controls the windows or not? someone on here should know
  13. Strange electrics and goings on!

Theres a really good guide on a new flip remote key on here :) I did it last week and for just over £40 ive got a new remote key
  14. Anyone got a TCS Button from TDI 130 i can buy?

Nothing major but since i bought this Leon its been missing the TCS button (next to fuel cap release) By button i mean just the plastic button top. If anyone has a spare or knows a place other than dealers (who wanted me to buy the whole part not just the button) let me know please :)
  15. Leon flip Key guide

Awesome guide thanks :) I bought a new flip key from ebay, had the blade cut (note timpsons refused, an independent in my town cut it) Swapped immobiliser chip from the broken key and then programmed using my non remote spare key in the ignition (just as it said in my leon manual) - All...
  16. Indicator light gets stuck on when locking\unlocking + keyfob problems

Ive since changed the drivers door locking motor and made a new remote key and now all locking problems are sorted :)
  17. Hiss when using turbo - pd130

This is my second PD130 and the first never made this sound.. When im accelerating\using the turbo i hear a sort of hiss\air woosh inside the car. Sounds as if its coming from the right hand side behind the blower outlet from inside the car. when i let off the pedal the noise stops. Ive...
  18. cant find TDI 130PD boost leak

This is my second PD130 and the first never made this sound.. When im accelerating\using the turbo i hear a sort of hiss\air woosh inside the car. Sounds as if its coming from the right hand side behind the blower outlet from inside the car. when i let off the pedal the noise stops. Ive...
  19. Indicator light gets stuck on when locking\unlocking + keyfob problems

It was the CCM (Comfort Control Module) managed to replace it and the indicator has been fine since
  20. CCM fault? Right side indicators stuck when locking\unlocking

I found this and almost positive its the CCM now.. Ok it wont let me post a URL so its thread number 174543 at tdi club forum. Someone with a VW Jetta has posted the exact problem im having and diagnosed it to be the CCM.