Search results

1. falcon7

Heater Switches Dislodged

Thanks for your reply, I'll get the car out tomorrow and have another try.
  2. falcon7

Couldn't get the front plate off. Seemed very reluctant and with the weather being cold didn't want to break it. Will be selling it soon so I'll leave well alone.
  3. falcon7

Thanks for your input Dial_0. Looking at this thread for info on the heater switch and thanks to you I found it. I want to get to the back of the switch to find out why the low speed fan settings aren't working. Hopefully it will just be a resistor or two that need replacing. I can do...
  4. falcon7

1.9TDI Hot engine won't start

Found this item about the Hamman Mod "1.9 tdi difficult to start when hot. After hearing about this mod, I read all I could find on the inter net. I was not sure about it, but this week I did it and it works. It is not an easy job to do, as access is very difficult but It can be done. you...
  5. falcon7

No ebay box of tricks. It had a Quantum remap 18 months ago and the performance has been great until a few weeks ago. Gone in for an MOT and a look at the OBD codes. There were other problems :( and I won't have the car back for a few days... waiting for parts to arrive.
  6. falcon7

Thanks for looking at them and also the links. Will check them out tomorrow I'm a bit long in the tooth to have a new hobby though having collected too many already over the past 83 years :)
  7. falcon7

Thanks for the link to VCDS users, didn't find anyone near but will look on the other forums next. Also looking at buying the lite version and the lead as I like to be independent where I can and it's something new to learn. Just discovered that the lite version won't work with my Altea as...
  8. falcon7

Altea using a lot of oil and Cream colur gunk on filler cap

The 'gunk' is a water/oil emulsion usually caused by short journeys. Being low on oil allows a larger than normal volume of damp air to enter the crankcase as the engine cools. Using old engine oil won't help as it may have absorbed some moisture from the atmosphere. Similar reason for...
  9. falcon7

Thanks for your replies. Had the low speed starter motor problem last year and had it replaced. The engine turns over really quickly so I don't think that is the problem now. I don't have the kit for checking the fault codes and I must admit to not checking the warning symbols while cranking...
  10. falcon7

My car is a 2006 Altea 1.9TDI which I only use three or four times each week. Starts first time when cold but recently it has become very difficult to start when it has warmed up. :( Is this a known trait with a known solution or am I on my own with this one? I know it is due a fuel...
  11. falcon7

Which fuel filter do I need?

Look for the VW1K0....... number on the canister. The ECP site lists those in the filter details. VW 1K0 127 400E uses the longest of the two filters listed. Ron
  12. falcon7

ESP (ABS) Fault

Good reult. Decided to take it in for a pre MOT check as I didn't want a page full of advisories and a fail cert so I told them the symptons and expected the worst. It turned out to be the rear wheel sensor that was faulty and they ordered one and got on with replacing it, no problem. They...
  13. falcon7

ESP (ABS) Fault

:( I have to take my 06 Altea into the Mitsubishi main stealers this coming week for an MOT. That is where I bought the Seat from with a 12 Month warranty. There's just 2 weeks left on the warranty so I'm expecting them to 'Try it on' when they discover that it is an expensive repair...
  14. falcon7

Changing rear brake pads guide

Windback woes Great DIY guide, thanks and still relevant. Should have looked here first though as I didn't realise I needed a windback tool. :whistle: Hope it arrives at the weekend as it's £30 cheaper on EBAY than Halfrauds.
  15. falcon7

Tow Bar Fitting on Altea

It doesn't until you fit a protection plate. I cut my plate down to about 8" to give clearance for the sensors. The sensors don't have a very wide viewing angle so you should be ok.
  16. falcon7

Hi from sunny Sheffield

You're right, Meat and tatie pie is not the same without a good sprinkling of Hendo's :D
  17. falcon7

Hi from sunny Sheffield

Know the area well. Grew up in Wharncliffe Side, relatives in Oughtibridge, Lived in Stannington for about 15 years. Now exiled in Devon, nice area but there's one problem. Can't get Hendersons Relish down here! :(
  18. falcon7

you can beat em - ive tried.

Start haggling early @10 or 10.1/2. You should save £300 or more. Good luck Let us know if you get a result. PS What does glass's say? anyone?
  19. falcon7

black smoke DIY remap???

Suppose that I was involved in an accident and someone was seriously injured or killed and I was taken to court. The insurance company would have the vehicle thoroughly investigated and when an undisclosed remap was found, the insurance would be invalidated and I personally could be held...
  20. falcon7

black smoke DIY remap???

Remap insurance In some ways I regret asking my insurance company about the extra premium if I had a remap on my Altea. Straight away they said it would invalidate the insurance. [:@] Will have to look around for a different company as renewal time comes around. Did I do the right...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.