Search results

1. Alibaly

Engine cover

I did the same when I bought mine in February and discovered when I went to the dealer to buy the rest of the fittings that the car did not come with a cover from new. The dealer has lots of people asking for the same thing. I bought a Scoda one on line and a cheap set of badges for £3 or so...
  2. Alibaly

timing belt

Sorry, I had the air on service done at the same time
  3. Alibaly

timing belt

If it is a 2.0 TDI you need to have this changed every 5 years and it is also clever to have the water pump done at the same time. I have just had my 2009 2.0 TDI Altea done last week and it cost me £576 and it took the garage a whole day to get the old one off so I was pleased Seat have a...
  4. Alibaly

Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!!!

My car was in for a new timing belt and water pump last week and I was chatting to the service chap and telling him that I had to pay £504 to VW for my golf when it had the ESP fault and he told me that Seat still do the replacement free for all ages of car. He also said that when I had my...
  5. Alibaly

Rear wiper swap - tips or pics?

Well done, seems easy once you have done it.
  6. Alibaly

It is just held at the middle and the outer plastic shroud thing stays in place. Looks like a standard wiper blade when you get it off. Press it in at the middle and it will click into place.
  7. Alibaly

Hi, it just pulls off at the middle, it will be a bit stiff but persevere and it will come off. Then it snaps on again pressing at the centre. Good luck.
  8. Alibaly

Engine cover

Just to say I have fitted the cover from eBay and bought fittings from dealer and it is looking good. Not sure I would have bothered if I had known that my car had never had an engine cover from new, I thought it was missing. How did you get on with yours?
  9. Alibaly

Engine cover

I went to the seat dealer this am and they wanted £40 for the mounts plus £15 for the badge, so i left the badge and fortunately my engine has one of the brackets already fitted so they charged £24.41. Will pick them up Thursday so will let you know if it fits ok. Just to add, the car...
  10. Alibaly

Engine cover

As recommended by skard I ordered mine from eBay for £32.50 delivered. There were a lot more expensive ones mostly VW ones but this will suit me fine as long as it fits ok. There are a lot more for the 1.9 so you should be fine, good luck.
  11. Alibaly

Engine cover

Thanks for that I have ordered the Skoda one
  12. Alibaly

Engine cover

Hi, my car did not have a cover fitted when I bought it in February and if not to expensive I would buy one if I knew where to go. Mine is a march reg. 2009 Altea Stylance 2.0TDI bkd engine 140bhp I have looked on line but did not see anything I was sure would fit. Any help gratefully received...
  13. Alibaly

Climatronic not cooling

Just been out and tried it but does not work for me,just switches econ and air from middle vents on. Tried with ignition off and pressing then switching ign on but nothing.
  14. Alibaly

Climatronic not cooling

Yes was going to have it checked out, just wondered if I could have done a reset on it myself if anyone knew how to do it on my model. There are lots of you tube clips showing it being done on other VW Audi models but only one on an Altea but it's not clear which buttons to press and in what...
  15. Alibaly

Climatronic not cooling

Just saw a clip on you tube about how to reset a climatronic on a Seat Altea but it does not seem to work with mine, can anyone tell me how to do the self test /reset on my altea please?
  16. Alibaly

Climatronic not cooling

Hi, I have a 2009 Altea 2.0tdi and have only had it for a couple of months and have left the climatronic set to auto and was happy enough with it but today was hot and sunny and the car wasn't cooling down. I tried recirculating mode and both set to low but it wasn't blowing cold. I would have...
  17. Alibaly

Very low MPG mystery..

Hello again, I have a 2009 2.0tdi also and I get the slight judder od idle at times and a whoo noise when I change up in the lower gears but my fuel consumption is fine. When I measure from full tank to full tank and work it out I average 46mpg and on the present tank full I am showing 195,7...
  18. Alibaly

Very low MPG mystery..

Interesting to hear that others also have the whooo noise when changing up in the lower gears. I have a 59 plate 2.0 tdi also and long term trip mpg shows 46.9 and when measured from full tank to full tank varies between 42 to 48 which is much the same as i previously managed with my golf plus...
  19. Alibaly

Engine stutter

Hi, can I ask how you got on as my 2009 2.0tdi sometimes has a lumpy tick over and it is still under dealers warranty
  20. Alibaly

Automatic wipers 2009 altea 2.0 tdi

Thanks, I will just have to persevere with it a bit longer. It worked fine yesterday so fingers crossed.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise