Search results

1. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Appreciate the help Marv, I'll leave it as it is for now and see what happens at the next rain. Maybe it is hose proof but not rain proof - sounds crazy but hey. The doors were redone by the previous owner - he paid Seat £600 to have them done and taking the door card off it all looks still in...
  2. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Yup, everything got soaked. I had someone to help me whilst I was in the car keeping an eye on what's happening. First I got the rear quarter soaked making sure to get the window, door, etc soaked but making sure not to get water going towards the front. Then we moved on the front door - same...
  3. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

The windscreen leakI mentioned is similar to http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416225&highlight=windscreen+leak but nowhere near as bad. The trim on the A pillar was slightly wet - about an inch but noticed it was dripping on the carpet - very slowly so that is why I can't see how...
  4. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Thanks Marv, I hosed down the car and checked both doors and under the glove compartment with the carpet and underlay pulled to one side. I couldn't see any water - when I opened the doors I had a bit of water on the outer sill but I guess that is expected. No water on the inner ones or in the...
  5. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Update on the above: * Door card off - baby powder around the door - hosed down - no leak * Removed polen filter and no signs of ingress - quite a bit of settled dust and no traces of water. What I did find was that I had a very very small leak coming from the top corner of the windscreen...
  6. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Cheers, Lee. Will give it a try in the evening. The carpet isn't wet but I didn't pull it back to check the underlay. I figured that if it's puddling in the back it will be wet at the front as well if that is where it is coming from.
  7. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Pollen filter to be checked next then. Would I be able to see if there is any water ingress just by taking the filter out or do I need to remove everything to confirm if that is where the water is coming from?
  8. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

But if it was the pollen filter wouldn't the front footwell be wet as well? Mine is dry - only the rear passenger footwell has water in it.
  9. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Hi guys, I went through everything I could find on the forum but I am no closer to finding out where I get water from. The only place I have water is the passenger rear footwell - I have a proper puddle there. Odd enough it is only wet at the bottom of the footwell - all sides are dry. I took...
  10. Rear lights gone crazy

Unfortunatelly I didn't think to take pictures. In order to get to the wiring you need to take a few pieces of trim off. Best to start with the trim that covers the boot latch. Not the one on the boot door, the one on where it grabs. There are 2 nuts just at the back of the spare wheel...
  11. Rear light

I had a very weird issue that was caused by a ground cable that was loose and shorting but only affected rear lights and all not just one. Try changing the driver side cluster with the passenger one just to see if it's working. Front and back light have different fuses and there is just one for...
  12. Rear lights gone crazy

Hey guys, sooo happy, finally sorted it out. Ended up by removing just about all the boot trim, clusters, whatever I could get to. On the passenger side just above the wheel arch is a point for grounding wires. There are 3 cables that go there. One smaller brown one, then a plastic separator...
  13. Rear lights gone crazy

Thank you. Will give it a try and replace all bulbs with new ones. Fingers crossed.
  14. Rear lights gone crazy

Cheers, I looked at them and they are all clean, no dirt, corrosion but I'll WD40 them as well. You are referring to the inside of the cluster where the bulb touches the connectors, right?
  15. Rear lights gone crazy

i checked the bulbs, they look fine. I had two spare repeater bulbs so those are brand new now. I'll buy a couple of brake lights just to rule that out...It's just crazy. Hazard lights and pressing the brake makes a disco effect :))) Not sure if to laugh or cry
  16. Rear lights gone crazy

I thought of a ground cable. Any idea where they are on the back of a leon MK1. I believe there is one below one of the clusters (passenger side)?
  17. Rear lights gone crazy

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have come across this before. Last night all my rear lights have gone completely crazy. I was at a turn, signal on when suddenly it started blinking faster and the rear fog light came on the dash. I thought - alright I blew a bulb. When I got...
  18. Rear wiper

Thanks mate, if it proves to be the motor I'll give you a call.
  19. Rear wiper

I've seen that but mine actually works. The wiper is the issue. I'll check the threads again for details on taking out the trim.
  20. Rear wiper

Thanks Dave, I'll have a look and see if I can find a testing tool to check if I get any voltage to the motor first. Cheers mate
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.