Search results

1. turbod

Pd130 replaced head gasket and skimmed head

Apparently the engine only had 120 thousand miles on it, the timing belt had just been done but the water pump had not .... Maybe it's just me but this engine sounds slightly noisier top end, but has loads of power and not smokey. The thought hadn't occurred to me about sump sludge till rum4mo...
  2. turbod

Fair point, I may just for now dump the old oil and use the fresher oil of the screwed engine as a flush before sourcing a sump gasket and scraping the crap out of the new engines sump and re filling with fresh oil ... See imI working on a tight budget at the moment as im in between jobs and it...
  3. turbod

Only slight worry is now injector rockers have been adjusted and I have run it for a few days is the engine sounds a bit rough on start up when cold and a bit noisy top end on light revving, I think it desperately needs an oil change, I think I might drop out the 1000 mile shell helix oil from...
  4. turbod

*****Fixed***** Turns out that the injector seals were knackered on at least one injector can't say if that was caused by removing them though as I ended up having to pull them out with the engine crane, plus the tips were absolutely caked up with carbon, fitted my recently refurbished injectors...
  5. turbod

Ha that sounds about right bud, too late now I have pulled the injectors out and they were absolutely caked with carbon, haven't put new ones back in yet
  6. turbod

Where is the map sensor ? Coolant temp sensor is the same one off my old engine
  7. turbod

Right people after a week of misery the car now has my new old engine fitted which when started from cold was behaving itself.... That's when the trouble began, it has thrown up several error codes which were 17057&17058 glow plug malfunction on cylinders 3&4 which is understandable as the...
  8. turbod

Pulling engine and box tomorrow, do I need to remove bumper / rad

I have had to remove absolutely everything from the front of the car and I do have a crane yes .... Not a direct fit because this is an earlier MK4 and mine is an 06 ..... Going to have another go at it today once I get motivated
  9. turbod

Seat creaking...

The seat covers on newer cars are normally held on with hog rings, a type of permanent fastener attached to a wire frame inside the seat foam .... Be careful because it sounds like metal on metal in that seat it could be a broken seat frame which would be catastrophic if crash tested for your...
  10. turbod

Pulling engine and box tomorrow, do I need to remove bumper / rad

As title suggests, I have a new engine to put in tomorrow so the plan is to remove my engine and box complete to swap over the ancillaries when they are side by side, in the seat manual it says remove the bumper, slam panel and rad /heat exchanger.... The air con is already empty so no worries...
  11. turbod

Re using inlet and exhaust gasket ?

Whaa you don't re use sump plug washers ha Don't worry I had a look at the gaskets and they definitely have a pronounced lip on them before use so I managed to source all three turbo to downpipe, inlet and exhaust manifold for £9.24 from sas autoparts.... The same parts from Andrew page were £17...
  12. turbod

Suspension Noise after renewing everything!

I also replaced mine with brembo,
  13. turbod

Re using inlet and exhaust gasket ?

As title .... Has anyone re used inlet and exhaust manifold gaskets in the past ? With them being stainless flat gaskets I can't see any reason why they could not be used. Cue the tight arse comments ha
  14. turbod

Suspension Noise after renewing everything!

I had a similar knock which used to occasionally knock at random times, it turned out to be crap brake pads rattling in the calipers
  15. turbod

Ha dammed predictive text
  16. turbod

Well I bit the bullet yesterday and bought another engine.... Full engine with turbo, alternator etc, got it for £100 which I thought was a cracking price, 120.000 mile engine out of a golf. The egr is different and the timing belt tensioner / front engine mount looks different but apart from...
  17. turbod

Thanks mate.... Just went to make a sandwich and realised I forgot the cutlery Solicitors ha they're nearly as bad as estate agents ..... In the new gaff now just waiting for a foreign bloke bringing me a second hand TV for cash .... Drove car for less than two miles and it blew up like a...
  18. turbod

Ok guys the system is still pressurised, I have fitted a new manifold onto the heater matrix from a fabia and modified the coolant pipes to suit as the aluminium pipes were a joke to try to seal..... I'm starting to think that the egr cooler has an internal crack pressurising the coolant ...
  19. turbod

Heater matrix seals leaking now I took them to bits and replaced o rings bollox
  20. turbod

Just been out and no pressure in the header tank so far ..... But if it does it again it is going to need a new engine for sure. Can anyone tell me if their bottom rad hose Even gets hot ever ? Mine doesn't. Heater matrix seals next today then flush coolant AGAIN and a third second hand header...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.