Search results

1. Glovebox

hi mate pictures uploaded carpet was from wilkinsons £4:99 was stuck on with double sided tape called mamouth tape and can be purchased from ebay its brilliant.i made carboard templates first then applied to carpet and cut round then and stuck them on .hope this helps also done ccuntre compartment
  2. Glovebox

hi mate will try to take pics again tomorrow if i can
  3. Notchy Gearchange

i have the leon fr180 and mine is the same between 1st and 2nd
  4. What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

small mods i have done are fan jet washers black vinyl behind number plate interior lights to led carpeted glove box number plate surrounds alloy foot pedals and footrest FR wheel centre caps
  5. Reading the Dipstick...

yes i have found the same i withdraw the stick wipe it clean dip again and the oil is everywhere on stick impossible to get a true reading
  6. Jacking Point

i use a trolley jack under the sill jacking point and its fine i just put 3mm piece of leather between sill and jack to stop it from any damage
  7. Notchy Gearchange

mine is the same on 180 TSI notchy 1st to 2nd but better when gearbox oil has warmed up had the same trouble on nissan qashqai before seat leon
  8. What Oil in your TSI?

i have a new leon fr 180 and it came with a litre of shell helix 5 /30 504 spec in the boot when i purchased it new
  9. Seat Assistance

according to the book it is for 3 years
  10. Power dip in 184 TDI

i have leon 1.8 fr tsi and i find it accelerating when you get to 80mph i find it then i did mention it to seat when it went in for 1st service but they say that they cannot do anything unless an error code comes up but i did have exactly the same on a previous leon and it was the throttle pedal...
  11. Tyre Pressure for 18" FR SC

hi biker what car have you got is it a diesel if so tyre pressures would be higher than petrol
  12. Would it be wise to buy a TDI for low mileage/occasional use considering DPF

as toon says is correct i was the same but as i only do 5-6000 a year i went for petrol as its false ecconamy buying a diesel as fuel is more expensive than petrol and no diesel dpf issues so you would be better off with petrol
  13. Tyre Pressure for 18" FR SC

seat figures for 1.8 fr tsi tyre pressures are 32 front 29 rear this is what i use as using higher pressures will result in harder ride and tyre wear as being in the motor trade for 40 years manufacters spend millions designing a motor car so they know best stick to what seat reccomend for...
  14. SC Boot Liner

purchased mine off ebay £26 very happy with it perfect fit for 3 door sc
  15. Door rattles!!

my drivers door developed a clicking last week when you touched trim just under the mood lighting it happenrd tried sprayind silicon spray into door but to no avail ended up lifting trim with trim tool and putting a small bit of foam under it job done cured it
  16. Washer Jets

have fitted fan washers to mine and i have measured the original washer and it appears to be 5mm but valve would have to go into tube before it goes into bonnet but the tube is covered in black coating which means cutting through coating and tubing but for what you would gain does not seem worth it
  17. Washer Jets

yes ok with heater jets you only need one anywhere between washer bottle and washers as there is only one tube that goes to washer then splits into two
  18. Name for your mk 3

yes my fr is called lou lou
  19. Phone contacts

cancelled everyyhing and paired them again using my samsung phone and yes numbers show on small screen BUT it is NOT the phone book but the previous numbers that has been dialed which is in your phone logs
  20. Update: blown turbo Cupra 280 repaired and failed again

i live in swindon wiltshire where we have a huge tesco and was told a week ago that they had problems with contaminated fuel.i had a seat leon mk 2 i bought from new and it never went for 10weeks and vw were excellent could not fault them i did not want the car back but they twisted my arm by...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members