Search results

1. Rattly smokey engine, need some ideas.

Got the pistons and rods out over the weekend and sure enough 1 of the little end bearing bushes has disintegrated.... how long has yours been tapping for? This 1 started as a tap but very rapidly got louder so if it is a little end you'll know in no time at all... Slight downside is as far...
  2. Rattly smokey engine, need some ideas.

The problem isn't down to injectors.. Got the head off today and I can lift piston number 4 up and down by a considerable amount... So think the chaps I talked to were right.. Bottom end apart moro so will know for sure..... Thanks for all the help chaps..
  3. Rattly smokey engine, need some ideas.

I've now been assured by a reputable engine builder that its more than likely the little end has gone which is also why it is now smoking. He says 8 out of 10 pd engines he has in are all little end problems due to a very small contact area (about 10mm)..... From the way he described it to me...
  4. Rattly smokey engine, need some ideas.

Yeah already tried that with the tappets and to be honest they were all pretty easy to push down, but some were certainly easier than others.... I'm gonna go with the tappets for time being and go from there. just hoping that its not a lack of oil pressure due to other things being worn out...
  5. Rattly smokey engine, need some ideas.

Yeah it makes this noise hot and cold last time it was hot it never smoked but not leaving it long enough to heat up to find out if it still smokes.. Cam looks fine but does anyone know of any measurments for the cam lobes so I can measuse them just to see.. Think I'll try a new set of tappets...
  6. Rattly smokey engine, need some ideas.

Got a 115 tdi (golf) and it fairly suddenly started tapping quite loudly. Its the misus car and she commutes a good 70 miles when at work. She finally got round to telling me about the tapping engine so I had a listen and then realised how bad it was although it still idled and pulled smoothly...
  7. Ibiza Cupra R Register

I think you'll get a million and 1 different opinions on what oil to use, so good luck on which to choose. Personally, filter I buy from main dealer and oil I get from gsf, its not a top make but covers all specs needed for these engines. Is the same oil that the main dealer was going to supply...
  8. Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

Yeah took mine out and got it welded up back at work.. god dam fiddly job putting the bugger back together. Only just moved house so didn't have all my tools. If I did then the drivers seat would of been out which should of made it alot easier. Annoying when you've got the tools you need but...
  9. Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

Was just thinking how lucky I was that my pedal hasn't broke yet... I go away for a month with work, first day back just parking in car park and bang. Clutch pedal dissapears.. Crap Bet I know what that is.... Sure enough its snapped. Just taken it out so can get welded at work this afternoon...
  10. clutch pedal repair

Sorry to butt in but has anyone got the part number for the square plastic clip thats about and inch or so long??? Does this plastic clip break on its own or is the main reason for my lack of clutch pedal a broken weld??
  11. seriously ill cupra????

Is it just low on power or now struggling to run.. If just a lack of power you might still be fine (things crossed for you) If its a lack of power and the engine struggling to hold an idle then chances are the oil pressure has got to low and things are starting to nip up..... If you've got...
  12. seriously ill cupra????

Am I the only 1 here that would stop car the instant the oil pressure light came on??? No oil pressure means dead engine turbo very quickly... Ok so people have been lucky that they're still getting some oil pressure but Its an oil pressure light not a gauge so i'd assume that there was no...
  13. Fuel saver mod

If that makes any noticeable difference to anything I would be very very very very supprised
  14. My cupra elliptical groved rr discs

Trust me you'll know when they've cracked!!!!! Was certainly very apparent when 1 of mine did.....
  15. Please help!!

Is it me or is 5k cheap for a 30k mile cupra R????? Just wandering because due to circumstances I might have to sell my beloved R and thought they were still fetching more money than that... Sorry to dive in...
  16. My cupra elliptical groved rr discs

Yeah I'll agree with the cracking..... Got a 4 pot conversion for my old pulsar gtir and thought what the hell I'll have the drilled and grooved discs... A year later big crack formed from drilled hole followed across to a groove and then right to edge of discs and I belive they were brembo...
  17. Ibiza Cupra R Register

will try and get round to checking my chassis number at some stage see if it relates to my cupra R number..... If it doesn't then will need a few other Rs to see if there is a pattern but I would imagine that they were taken out of the normal line at random.. but its worth looking into...
  18. Ibiza Cupra R Register

Yeah its not the actual key but a small red "R" fob.... I'm not sure wether seat will be able to tell you if you give them the chassis number... or maybe call seat uk? Other than the key fob thats the only thing that will tell you what number it is... Hence I had a nice silver plaque made...
  19. Warming up

If you don't give a crap about your car then you not a car enthusiast.... Most\all the people that use this site are enthusiasts and for the people that don't know what damage they can be doing by not warming up or cooling down, it may just save them a very costly bill they could of very...
  20. What other reasons for the TC light coming on???

Think I'll have to ask nicely and take a look at the part code....
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.