Search results

1. Sump plug question

Hi all, I have a question about the sump plug for a 1.0 TSI (110 PS) engine (code CHZC) When I had my car serviced last year I see that the invoice lists a sump plug N9028890 and a washer N0138157. When I search for compatible parts for the engine, I also see sump plug N90813202 mentioned...
  2. SEAT services that include fault checks

Does anyone know when a car is serviced by SEAT and includes "Vehicle fault memory check and report" you actually receive a physical report? For example: 1st and 2nd services both mention that a fault memory check will be performed and a report provided, but have you received a copy of the fault...
  3. SEAT servicing - ripoff or value for money?

I've been looking at the various service plans and different types of services that SEAT offer and I can't see a difference between a 1st service, 2nd service and minor service except the following: 1st Service £189 2nd Service Pollen filter replacement (where required) FREE SEAT Roadside...
  4. Mk4 Software updates and service benefits at dealer

After a recent issue with servicing at a main dealer with my wife's car I'm skeptical about taking my car to the main dealer or independent garage for its first service (currently 1 year old and 4.8k miles). I'm hoping to change the oil/oil filter etc.. myself and hopefully save myself a lot of...
  5. Mk4 LED Headlight

What do people that own the MK4 Toledo think about the LED headlights? Are they sufficient or not bright enough or have enough range? I have read some threads about the LED headlights being too low in the Leon forum and some members have adjusted them but is this necessary on the MK4 Toledo? If...
  6. Vehicle tax bands 2017

So, I was reading this today: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/blog/remember-you-cant-transfer-road-tax-when-you-buy-or-sell-your-car/ and then I checked my annual tax reminder and see that my car's CO2 level is reported as 151 G/KM and so according to that article above, my tax...
  7. Gearbox questions - non Seat

Not SEAT related but I thought I'd ask here anyway: My cousin has just bought a new car, it's a 1.4 TSI Golf with manual gearbox and only 28k miles and she asked me about the gear changing being very sticky. I took the car for a test drive on Sunday and gear changes between 1st and 2nd were a...
  8. EGR valve question

I'm curious about something: I believe that the EGR valve is normally closed at idle and will open at higher revs. While my car is idling, if I pull the vacuum hose off the EGR valve I can hear a metal clink sound as though the EGR valve was open, a scenario like: remove vacuum and the valve...
  9. Fitting 028131547B EGR reduced hole gasket

Is there a specific way that the gasket in the pic fits? It's not flat, the circular part sticks out (depending how you hold it, it also dips in). Does this face the EGR valve or does it face the EGR pipe, or it doesn't matter at all? The reason I ask is that I fitted the gasket tonight with...
  10. Intake manifold question

I removed the EGR valve today as well as the intake manifold and saw something strange on cylinder 3 when I removed the manifold. It looks like there is some sand in the manifold. At first I thought it might be a coolant and water leak that had dried up but when I removed some of the debris with...
  11. EGR leak

I removed the EGR valve on my car about a month ago and gave it a clean. There was some thick carbon/soot/oil crud but not too bad, picture below. I never replaced the o-rings on the EGR valve when I removed it but the past week I've noticed a leak from the joint, picture below. I'm planning on...
  12. Gear knob options

The gear knob in my car is worn and is getting worse where the top layer of the coating has worn through to a sticky glue layer. The gear knob model is the same as pictured below: and benj1989 had the gear knob carbon dipped which seems like a good alternative to buying a new knob. More...
  13. Air con service question

I'm curious about something: when a dealership says that they can service your air con and also treat the air con for bacteria what type of product and method do they use to treat the bacteria? Reason why I ask is I already have some anti-bac spray (odour bomb) and if the dealer is going to use...
  14. Brake Fluid Change

My car is due for a brake fluid change and while I was searching I found ATE SL6 Dot 4 Brake Fluid. Has anyone used this brake fluid before? I'm not sure if it meets or exceeds the VW spec 501 14 but it claims to be better suited for ABS and ESP
  15. Exhaust pipe diameter

Does anyone know if the exhaust diameter is any different between between the 2.0 TDI models, more specifically is there a difference between the 2.0 TDi 16v (140 HP) and the 2.0 TDI (136 HP)? I'm also curious to know if the FR models have the same diameter exhaust pipe. TIA
  16. Replacing rubber door seal

My drivers side rubber door seal is scuffed from shoes and the rubber has an area that's almost worn through to a hole. How easy is it to replace the door seal and would I need any special tools?
  17. Fuel Additive - Diesel

I don't have any issues with my engine, no excessive smoke even under hard acceleration but a friend recommended Millers Diesel Power Ecomax and said that this will help clean injectors. Is this a load of hype or do these additives really work? I usually fill up at non supermarket fuel stations...
  18. Gearbox Oil change

I know there are few threads about gearbox oil already but I'm hoping to get some opinions and feedback from other members. I don't have any issues with changing gears but when I had a look underneath the car this past weekend and noticed that there was some oil on the black plastic...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.