Search results

1. Cel light after n249 and evap delete

No one know anything about this?
  2. Cel light after n249 and evap delete

As the title states my mk1 LCR has had the n249 and evap systems bypassed by the previous owner. The electrical parts of both have been left plugged in which as far as I can tell is fairly common when performing these bypasses, however after around 50 miles I get the check engine light come on...
  3. Coolant and air con leak! Possible solution?

So I have finally sorted out my rough idling by replacing the Maf sensor. The last things on the list of things that need sorted before its 100% problem free is the leak in coolant system and air con. I've had the coolant system pressure tested and it held pressure so problems according to...
  4. Maf connector part number, Fault codes, rough idling, please help!

After letting my LCR run for over 600 miles and scanning it i have a few extra codes that have come up. These are 6514/P0130/000304 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Malfunction in Circuit 16486/P0102/000258 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF/G70): Signal too Low as well as the codes i already...
  5. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

Ohh that s shame! I thought I was going o have something else I could check then! So I'm running out of ideas now! I'm thinking I might go back to the garage and get them to refit the evac and or n249 valves to see if that is the cause of the idling/running rich issue I was also contemplating...
  6. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

You're right it goes into the blue pipe going into the dump valve! I'm really not sure what I can do now! Perhaps I should just live with it idling slightly rough :( so annoying I just want it to be perfect And it very nearly is!
  7. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

Had a look in the day ligh and the other connection is going into my dump valve now! Think you can make It out in this picture! Either way this has me stumped. Do you think this could actually mean I should just replace my maf sensor as that can cause these problems too (even though it gets...
  8. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

So I've had a look this morning before work and from what I can see the pipe on the tip has already been blanked off with a length of pile with a bolt in it and I couldn't for the life of me find anywhere where it could possible go on the throttle body! I could feel what felt like a hole under...
  9. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

ahhh that helps a lot, so one part of the hose goes into the tip and the other goes where it says 21, so i need to check that both of these are bunged, which should cause my idling to be normal and for the system to not run rich. Thanks a lot for your help, you've been amazing. Just hope that...
  10. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

Okay I've just gone and had a look and I don't actually have that t peice anymore so I have no idea what I have to bung up! Here are some images
  11. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

I will go an have a quick look now! I'm pretty sure all of that piping is in the bag in the boot! Also that is a different engine to mine as my throttle body is on the right hand side rather than the left like yours. I don't know if that would make a difference to the evap system apart from...
  12. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

That might be a job for the weekend then! That's providing all of the parts that the previous owner had removed are in the bag in the boot like he said they are. Maybe tomorrow I can take a picture of exactly what I have in the bag of goodies that's been removed from my car so that I know what...
  13. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

I could have sworn I replied to this? Perhaps I did on he wrong page, whoops! So does his means the previous owner shoudnt have removed this and it's not a common thing to remove like the n249 and sai? You say make sure pipes 5 and 6 are blanked but none of the pipes are connected so I'm...
  14. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

This is what I have in my boot and engine bay where I'm assuming it belongs. Sorry for bad pics it was dark when I got home! Is this not the sai that people remove? The car was like this when I got it so I'm trying to get it running perfectly before taking it to stage 2 and this is the last...
  15. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

Ohh right sorry I thought that was the same thing! I'm such a noob! Ohh really? Well that charcoal canister is currently in my boot and the pipes are loose around my coolant tank! Does this mean that it could just be a case of reinstalling this canister and hat will sort it? If so is that a job...
  16. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

I've just taken the metal bracket in front of the manifold off so that I can have a squeeze around of the pcv pipes looking for cracks and I definitely can't find any, which leads me to believe they did smoke test it properly and there are no vacuum leaks! What are my options now? Buy a new maf...
  17. 225 steering wheel refurb guide.

I know this is an old thread, but any chance OP can reupload the images? Would like to do this to my steering wheel and it appears this is the only guide!
  18. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

I don't know how exactly they smoke tested it but they said they did! I have 3 fault codes which are as followed 17608/P1200/004608 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction 17545/P1137/004407 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Rich 16825/P0441/001089 - EVAP Emission...
  19. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

Hmm so how can I check the pcv system? I've read that it can get clogged up with gunk after after time, if there's not a leak perhaps it's clogged up which would explain why the smoke test didn't show up anything! Shall I take off the metal bracket that's infront of the manifold so that I have...
  20. What can cause lumpy idle on LCR's???

Is it worth removing the pcv system and fitting a catch can then? The n249 is still plugged in, how much of a pain in the arse would it be to fit it all back in?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.