Search results

1. R953 VSE

so heres the death of my ibiza

Yeah I was in an accident in july 2006. The car was a write off so the insurance took it away and i never seen it again. I found a for sale advert for it a year or 2 later but not sure if that was the guy who repaired it or not, did the person you bought it from tell you anything about it being...
  2. R953 VSE

so heres the death of my ibiza

This is my old car! Sorry to hear about this mate, i'm gutted for you.
  3. R953 VSE

My new Cupra!!!

I think the castrol thing is just a paper mat that dealers put in to keep the carpets clean! The bit on the bottom of the front bumper is a splitter from a Leon Cupra R.
  4. R953 VSE

Looking for owner of X*** HEE

There may have been more adverts as the one on pistonheads sounds like it had been copied and pasted from an ebay listing, although i only seen the 1 advert. It was advertised at £4000.
  5. R953 VSE

I have the advert saved on my computer and it does explain. "the car has been registered as a cat d accident damage in scotland."
  6. R953 VSE

My new Cupra!!!

Thats a good price. I think I was £200 or £250 to have mine delivered from beside Newcastle up to just north of Aberdeen. It was brilliant having the doorbell ring to take delivery of a new car!
  7. R953 VSE

Haven't been around here for quite a while but I bought a mk3 Cupra 3 years ago and it ended up written off in mid 2007. Anyway I just happened to be looking at Ibiza's for sale on pistonheads not long ago and to my amazement I came across my old car! It has been repaired but by the time I...
  8. R953 VSE

My new Cupra!!!

I was looking at that car a while ago and was thinking of returning to the Cupra scene but still haven't sold my other car yet. Did you travel up to get it? Quite a journey from where you are!
  9. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

Just goes to show what a good search can reveal.
  10. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

Had the car in pieces today with all the airbox and piping off and took off the throttle body and gave everything a good clean. Also found the idle control valve so removed that and gave it a clean aswell! once everything was back together i turned the key and...... no change. still wouldn't...
  11. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

Cheers roly will check that out. its not that that costs £170 new is it!? Also will clean out the throttle body, seems to have been a few folk that have had success by doing that.
  12. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

Right, sorry for the temporary death of this thread but i've been workin awkward hours and never got round to working on the car. Decided to begin work again this week but with the car sitting around not being used it seems to have developed a problem! It ran fine before but now it won't...
  13. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

Would have been great to go to a track with fellow members but we're kind of out on our own up this neck of the woods i think!
  14. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

Thanks, very much doubt we'll be at cadwell park, its a touch too far.
  15. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

If it had been looked after better by the previous owners it would be a great car but unfortunately its a bit scabby in places due to some rust and damaged paint. Interior was very clean mind you.
  16. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

yeah it will be good to see what works and what doesn't. We could go and spend hundreds on bits and bobs and modifiy it loads to begin with but i'd like to do it bit by bit so i can see where we are improving, if we improve it at all!
  17. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza 2.0 8v Cupra Sport GTi

Nice! its great finding easy fixes like that. Any more plans? got pics?
  18. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

Thanks! there was a bit of duct tape hanging off when we got it so will see about putting a new bit on. I will give the cable a try, any info it gives us will be a bonus i suppose. Getting something for the track has been mentioned now and again for a long time now but glad we've finally got...
  19. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

Right, theres been a lot of talking but not a lot of progress. I fitted the steering wheel on friday and got the horn wired up and my friend made a nice little blanking plate for where the head unit used to be, thinking of doing something similar for the passenger airbag hole. After...
  20. R953 VSE

Mk2 Ibiza track project

Hopefully. The plan is to try and sell everything we take out, but i haven't got round to advertising it all yet. Things like the seats etc might cause a problem as they are such big items.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members