Search results

1. tchallenger

LCR Rattle

That's my car ginger, I put it up in the hope someone would know, still makes it but only when very cold..... However I did change the turbo downpipe gasket and its not as bad now ?!
  2. tchallenger

My 04 lcr 225 platinum grey

So got round to fitting my turbo back decay exhaust the other week and I love it. Sounds spot on. I also love how its sitting at the moment I also relaqured the front brembos I've also redone the rears but I havnt taken any pictures. Needs the cambelt doing now but I just...
  3. tchallenger

Lean Code 17544 Logs included

I've just been out and done 2 logs of the blocks above, well 2 logs, one as requested and the other i forgot to change 002 over to 020.... ive attached links to both... i will re do the log with 01 020 and 118 tomorrow when im next out but if either of these help narrow anything down that...
  4. tchallenger

Yeah its still got a standard map on it, I'm waiting till I have fitted my turbo back before I get it remapped, I've been trying to find somewhere local that can do smoke testing but sadly can't seem to find anyone.... I'll do both logs later on today and post them up in case you ever have a...
  5. tchallenger

Bumpty bump bump
  6. tchallenger

So ive been having a lean code flag up on my mk1 LCR its only every now and again and once cleared vanishes for a week or 2, Its 17544 fuel trim bank 1 (add) p1136 - 35-00 system Too lean https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh04vk0iyo9xkgy/LOG-01-030-031-002.CSV?dl=0 the Lambda seems way...
  7. tchallenger

Been a while since I've updated this but loads has happened... Its now running on eibach pro street s coilovers with 15mm H&R spacers on the back and 10mm on the the front. I've also fitted some fully polybushed wish bones along with new ball joints I also relaquered the brembos...
  8. tchallenger

Timing belt replacement

4 years or 60k I think it is off the top of my head, I wouldnt be in a massive rush but I'd get it done before the end of the summer just to be safe. Enjoy the new motor ! Look Like you've got the best colour as well ;)
  9. tchallenger

1 or 2 Oil Gauges?

You'd need a sandwhich plate on the between the cooler and filter but yes you can have both. Personal preference is oil temp but pressure can be useful as well with the 1.8t ability to starv its self
  10. tchallenger

So this sort of happened. Also Fixed my slow speed fan and dodgy idle with a new CTS. Vagcom showed arratic temp out of spec, Now no idle hunting and slow fan speed comes on at 94... Perfect. Always good to check the little things before you expect the worst.
  11. tchallenger

Charge pipe heat wrap.

fingers crossed the welly is enough ;)
  12. tchallenger

Charge pipe heat wrap.

That's what I was thinking Nd.... Guess time will tell !
  13. tchallenger

Charge pipe heat wrap.

Thanks RDS I'm pretty happy with how it's all coming together. I'm in two minds maybe trying to keep heat in/away till it gets to the wing less heat in the engine bay I dunno but looks good though in my mind Haha. One day be up to your standard if I'm lucky
  14. tchallenger

Charge pipe heat wrap.

So I had some titanium heat wrap lying around and thought why not wrap the charge pipe? I've seen it on a couple of BT builds and Jap scrap... My understanding is that it will keep the heat from the engine bay till it's cooled by the big welly on the front ? Going to course any problems ...
  15. tchallenger

As a comparison it looks nothing like this.... Think I burnt the pigment or put too much on when it was curing. I've bought an intake manifold and another rocker to paint and tart up to then swap. means I'm not racing trying to get it dry for work the next day. Haha
  16. tchallenger

Yeah its crinkle red..... Its a good coat, really nice crinkle. Not got any cracks. Just gone really really dark. Don't think I left it long enough to cure ? Gonna think about sanding it back and going again tomorrow, leave it over night and what not.
  17. tchallenger

Thanks buddy, yeah I like the BMC cone. Mostly because its red and fitted the empty void ! Well I was trying for red, flattened it sprayed it with primer Sprayed it red, looked mint. Then cooked it to prove as per the instructions.... And hey Presto..... DOG POO SODDING BROWN !!! Not...
  18. tchallenger

what have you done to your car today ?

Did some cooking. Dunno why it turned out so dark.... Little disappointed... But better then it was !
  19. tchallenger

Thanks mate I'm happy with how its coming along, got lots in my head but not enough hours in the day, gonna sort oil leak and paint the rocker cover tomorrow if everything goes to plan
  20. tchallenger

Thanks bud, template for the shield is adapted from the pic at the top I "borrowed" of another member. It gives a rough shape to then work on. Good luck !
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise