Search results

1. Kendo

Ibiza Mk4 FR TDI or Cupra TDI

Not sure about the original FR but the facelift version comes with 6 speed box and 17" inch alloys.
  2. Kendo

My new VAG

Yes the long roads do help. I went via Loch lomond, Glencoe, Fort William and Laggan up and down hills. Never accelerated hard but still hit 60mph occassionally. Also included a few runs to and from work where the car barely heats up and a few short journeys when I got there. For a big lump of a...
  3. Kendo

My new VAG

44mpg was for a mostly extra urban journey. On town driving it would achieve mid 30's which is fish plaps for a diesel. It is the 170 bhp model though and fair shifts. To be fair best I ever got our the ibiza was 52.5 and that was on some long journeys driving like an old man. Computer averaged...
  4. Kendo

My new VAG

Think it was an old AA van but it was being used by a couple of guys for kayaking. Nowt to do with my very reliable but slightly thirsty new car. Managed to get 44mpg on my run up north which for its weight and power is pretty good. Reckon I'll being doing well to get 40 on my normal runs. It is...
  5. Kendo

My new VAG

Had it about a month now however only just got round to taking some photos while on holiday in the highlands (hence its dirty)
  6. Kendo

Seat exeo sportourer - photochop

Looks like an A4 at the rear, old mondeo at the front and passat lines from the side.
  7. Kendo

Fr Brakes

I changed mine because I didnt like the feel of the Fr brakes which I put down to the weight of the diesel engine over the front end. Mate had a petrol FR before his derv and noticed a difference.
  8. Kendo

Buying a MK4 1.8 20VT FR - any advice...

main problems I have found are bushes failing and the tracking suffers with larger pot holes. Still loving my car after 2 years although changing fairly soon. The wife will be getting mine as a replacement for her clio 182.
  9. Kendo

Bicycle Rack Straps on Spoiler

Yep post some pics when done. Im not a big fan of using my rack as the spoiler flexes (although I dont think that it would ever break). My preferred option if I was keeping the car for a long time would be roof bars and a bike carrier.
  10. Kendo

Fr Brakes

You would probably just be as cheap getting a 130tdi Fr. Then you could use the fuel saving to save up for revo.
  11. Kendo

Fr Brakes

Is it not the case that the hubs are different in ways other than the stud pattern? If you do decide to go the FR route I have 2nd hand FR discs, Calipers and pads I will let go cheap after upgrading to a 312mm set up.
  12. Kendo

My new toy

Alright mate, builds coming along quite slowly. Probably going to be next year now before its all road legal. Need to post some updates soon though. Glad you enjoyed the hill mate. Both hairpains are by far the best parts on the track and as you say even better in the rain.
  13. Kendo

My new toy

I hope so, Im kind of held up now waiting for my carbuerretors to get refurbed. Hopefully ready mid summer at the latest.
  14. Kendo

My new toy

Cheers
  15. Kendo

My new toy

Looks as if its still going back the way but its actually coming along.
  16. Kendo

My new toy

Log onto mscc.org.uk for a list of events. We're always looking for marshalls and the fun nights are good fun. Not that dear to join either.
  17. Kendo

Brake Upgrade DAB to FR

Dont mind at all. I paid 200 and odd 25d hand as they were cross drilled and grooved discs and sports pads but they were in great condition and well worth it.
  18. Kendo

Brake Upgrade DAB to FR

I agree. Having upgraded from FR brakes which were useless to cross drilled and grooved 312mm set up, id recommend anyone to do it.
  19. Kendo

My new toy

That was one of the main reasons for buying it was a sunday car and to hill climb it at forrestburn mate.
  20. Kendo

My new toy

My etb instruments digi dash. It has rev limiters, shift lights, lap timers etc plus all the boring day to day stuff. Worth every penny of the £427 I paid for it.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise