Search results

1. Mk1Cortina1964

key fob battery change now not working

I may have the solution if you have changed your key battery and now the key does not work. First be sure the key is NOT working by pressing any of the buttons on the key - the red pip light on the fob should blip. Assuming it doesn't blip, then you may have inadvertently done what I did. I...
  2. Mk1Cortina1964

Can I start the engine without pressing the clutch?!!

Yes, that battery voltage point is true! My wife's Stop/Start on her little Fiat 500 run-around thankfully stopped working after we changed the battery and fitted a cheap one with less power. Apparently it needs the power of the original rated battery to supply enough oomph to work the...
  3. Mk1Cortina1964

Ordered my seat leon 1.2 tsi question

I uprated my 1.2 SE to an FR for under ten quid by buying two FR badges - one for the grill, and one next to the SE badge on the back. :whistle:
  4. Mk1Cortina1964

Dashcam Fitted in my Mk3

That's an interesting one! The bike is on the pavement, and the car he hit is parked on the pavement! Both are committing an offence and I would say they both deserve what they got! :handbags:
  5. Mk1Cortina1964

Seat leon mk3 pictures

"Does anyone have any good pictures of a red 5 door FR with the panoramic roof?" How's this JackReacher and cybman? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDrgIq8PbNI Seems an odd red colour but as close as I can find. Bernard. :D
  6. Mk1Cortina1964

'Rally Flapz' from Performance Creations

"betty_swollox Richie http://www.seataccessories.co.uk/pro...laps_1P0075101 £44 for back and £43 for front. yes they're expensive, but at least they look decent " __________________ Hope no-one ordered these for their Mk3 Leon, Richie - they are the wrong ones.
  7. Mk1Cortina1964

steering issues.can anyone help?

Are you varying how many shredded wheats you are having for breakfast? - just a thought. Seriously though, I hope it stays sorted and it is just one of those mysterious electrical things that can happen with cars.
  8. Mk1Cortina1964

which color you choosed for your car

No offence taken, morini - wouldn't do for us all to think the same! :happy: I know I am in a minority (my dealer had never seen the Montsant red colour in the flesh before), and there's something rather satisfying about never seeing a same-colour Mk3 on the road! I seem to have a knack...
  9. Mk1Cortina1964

The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Something that caught me out when I changed the boot light by uprating from the LED I had previously fitted - I removed the unit to do the change indoors and left the boot open. There must be a time switch on the supply because when I returned and refitted the item it would not light, nor would...
  10. Mk1Cortina1964

which color you choosed for your car

The other red is actually Montsant red, and if you just want a luscious colour, that's the one to go for! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=753yPhGq-BY
  11. Mk1Cortina1964

Leon features in the future?

One day they will solve how to make wipers that clear the WHOLE of the front screen, and not leave the front seat passenger looking through raindrops or, even worse, the scum left when it has dried. Have been in the new Qashqai as a passenger and it is even worse there unless the owner cleans...
  12. Mk1Cortina1964

Pool Age Buyers Seat Leon

Age? - 70 (ouch!) Owned - 3-wheel bike (crashed it); 2 wheel bikes (all crashed); NSU Quickly motor bike:cry: (max speed 25mph - difficult to find anything to hang about long enough for me to crash into); Honda 90 motor bike - wrecked when I was knocked off this by a Mercedes on the A127, so...
  13. Mk1Cortina1964

Leon features in the future?

Just checked the 36 features listed in the New Leon advertising brochure for the current SE model against the features in my other car - the 50 year old MK1 Cortina 1500 De Luxe. How many of the 36 are present in the Cortina? - NOT ONE! This made me wonder what 36 new features will be...
  14. Mk1Cortina1964

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Suicida1 Zombie - what was the problem with your driver's sun visor light? - did it not light at all, or was there an intermittent fault?
  15. Mk1Cortina1964

Leon FR 1.8TSI

Hi smurf123 The inside back of your fuel flap should have two sticky plastic labels. On mine, the lower one is about tyre pressures; the upper one is about the fuel to use. If this latter sticker is missing on yours, I suggest you reject the car! :D
  16. Mk1Cortina1964

Boot net available

Is that the one with square wheels? - nice!
  17. Mk1Cortina1964

Boot net available

Yes, and at this rate we'll soon be offered a wheel at each corner called a wheels pack! :)
  18. Mk1Cortina1964

Boot net available

There has been some discussion as to whether or not the boot net has been withdrawn from newly supplied Leons. I was not expecting one but my dealer surprised me by handing one to me when I collected the car. When I got home I discovered that one of the four hooks has snapped off, so I reckon...
  19. Mk1Cortina1964

My annoyance list after first week of ownership

Hi Daniel575 - thanks for the info - mine is a March 2014 so it will be interesting to see whether it has been re-introduced.
  20. Mk1Cortina1964

Spoiler Added - paintwork

These metallic colours certainly throw widely different shades according to the light, don't they? My Montsant Red varies from an orangey brown to a deep cherry red, and all shades in between - I never know what colour its going to be when I first look out of the curtains, but I know which one...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.