Search results

1. Rear springs

I replaced just one of mine a few months ago as it broke. I just got a mate to help me and used a big bar to get it out after releasing the bottom of the shock
  2. abs light

ABS ring cracked?
  3. alhambra starting

Mine is the same and it seems to turn very slowly when cold. I thought it was just the battery running down, so changed that and its the same. After a bit of research it seems its most likely the starter motor. A lot of 130 Golfs have the same problem with lazy starters when cold.
  4. gears stiff from reverse to first

I have exactly the same problem and have done since I bought the car 1 year ago. Its got quite bad now have I have to select 3rd before it allows me to get into 1st or reverse. I was under the impression that it was the gearbox at fault. The inside casing can come away from the bearing causing...
  5. Dashboard lights and rear number plate lights staying on and draining battery.

I put LEDs in the number plates and in all the interior lights. I have not changed the dash lights though.
  6. new motor

I'm sure your glad to be rid of that lol. My previous car was an 03 Octavia vRS. That's what happens when you have a 3rd kid lol
  7. new motor

I usually get around 475-500 miles to a tank.
  8. new motor

I get between 38-40 usually. 45 on a long run. I've needed a new thermostat for a while now as it's stuck open so it might get better when it's replaced People do seem to say they get 50 but I think for a big heavy 7 seater 40 isn't too bad. What u getting?
  9. new motor

All Vw engines use pink coolant. Asz is just the engine code for the 130bhp model. Auy is the 115bhp version.
  10. Debadged or black badge grill.

£15 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004BKI05M/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1421749243&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
  11. new motor

I have the same model. From what I can gather, the sx 130 is a basic model but with the asz 130 engine. Your right, it doesn't have a trip computer, that would be on the right stalk. All the buttons on the left stalk are for the cruise control. I don't think the trip computer can be retro...
  12. Power steering fluid

Is it just for a top up? If so, standard stuff will do from your local motor factors.
  13. just wondering?

Maybe it doesn't tell you. Your lucky I don't have a computer at all lol. My old Octavia used have that on it so I assumed the Seat would be the same.
  14. just wondering?

Does it not flick through the different settings when u press them? If not the stalk might be knackered.
  15. just wondering?

Is there up and down switch at the end of the indicator stalk?
  16. modifying a alhambra 1.8t 20v

I would go for a stage one map from Revo.
  17. just wondering?

Only if u have a trip computer
  18. Any mapped Alhambra's?

You will probably get more replies on the Leon section mate. Anyway have u replaced the all the vacuum pipes going to the inlet? There is a small one way valve at the end if the T piece that u need to retain when replacing them. I'm not sure if this is what u mean or not.
  19. Any mapped Alhambra's?

Yeah there is a receipt for £800 for all the work at 101k, now has 105k. Master cylinder was changed too. I think they tried to fix the problem but didn't realise it was the box. I guess I will find out when I finally take the box out to check. If the dmf is wrecked then I'll definitely get a...
  20. Any mapped Alhambra's?

Found this attached. I need to get the box off to see what's going on. Apart from this the rest of the car is great.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.