Search results

1. Heater/Air Con fault code 459015 and burning smell

No, it's not happened again.
  2. Correct battery for Leon 1.4TSI with Stop/Start

I remember now that my stop/start didn't work at first but resolved itself after a few journeys with no intervention from me.
  3. Correct battery for Leon 1.4TSI with Stop/Start

Yes, mine's been ok without any programming (changed 6 months ago). Carista is probably the cheapest solution as I think you get a free 1 month trial of some advanced features which covers battery 'reprogramming'. Also useful to have for the future as can activate a subscription later on if you...
  4. Correct battery for Leon 1.4TSI with Stop/Start

Yours is the same battery as in my 2015 1.8FR (Exide EFB 1S0 915 105A - 640A 59Ah 320A). I got an Exide 027 EFB Car Battery 60Ah EL600 from Tayna - https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/exide/el600/ (or cheaper from here now...
  5. Blowing hot air on one side

Sorry, don't have an answer but I've just posted a related problem I've got. Is the behaviour on yours different ? What is the blend door actuator, is it the flap servomotor on one of the vents ? https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/cabin-temperature-stuck-on-hot-passenger-side.471171/
  6. Cabin temperature stuck on hot passenger side

Driving my 1.8 FR MY16 yesterday and cabin suddenly started getting hot. Found that hot air was coming out of left hand side dash vents (couldn't check footwell) despite temp being set same for both L & R sides and cool air coming out of RHS. Changing temp up and down had no effect, nor did...
  7. Buying a Leon FR 1.8

Got mine new in 2015 and now done 79k. Great engine, obviously slow compared to a Cupra but good blend of performance and economy (average 40mpg for me). Tested it alongside a 1.4 FR before buying.
  8. Service Prices

SEAT dealer quoted me £335 to replace 1 side. Surprised they didn't say they need doing as a pair.
  9. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Was this done at a SEAT dealer ? I had the same for my front shock at last year's MoT/service at SEAT. Left it and no mention in this year's MoT (done elsewhere - passed with no advisories) and service (at same SEAT dealer). However SEAT now say rear shock leaking excessively - immediate...
  10. New 2018 1.8 TSI owner here

Welcome and good choice. Guess you've picked it up by now so probably out enjoying it ! Had a 2015 (MY2016) one since new and now done 71k miles at 40mpg average. Still got original exhaust and battery. No problems other than - as per silverbawz - the steering wheel volume control (started...
  11. Front brake pads & discs change info + fitment

Anyone know the part no. for the carrier bolts for FN III & 312mm - N90708504 M12x1.5x35 (also seen M14X1.5X55 quoted for same) ?
  12. Heater/Air Con fault code 459015 and burning smell

Noticed an intermittent burning smell in cabin. Ruled out other cars etc making smell. Ran Carista scan and just 1 fault code - Heater and Air Con - 459015. No more info and googling just comes up with 'Databus missing message - intermittent'. I got this code 3 weeks ago (and some unrelated...
  13. What does this do?

Turbo Pressure Convertor. The pressure converter controls the EGR valve by mixing the atmospheric pressure and pressure generated by the vacuum valve in the EGR valve...
  14. MIB1 to MIB2 upgrades

I'd always thought mine was a MIB1 but guess not :- 5F0035020A H41 0319 It's a MY2016 (delivered July 2015), 8 button / 2 rotary display and didn't come with a Map SD card. Still a bit confused though. Does this mean I can :- a) get a s/w update (and what are the changes) b) get mapcare or...
  15. PLEASE HELP!

There was a similar thread on this if it helps https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/humming-droning-noise-help.464318/
  16. Leon 1.8 TSI - engine management light - turbo actuator

Have a read of this thread (diesel I know) https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/turbo-actuator.461497/ . Could replace whole turbo unit with used unit eg...
  17. Cabin temperature

Thanks both. Just found a workshop manual that says there's one in each vent and one in the footwell vent too. Feels similar both sides but the centre two vents push out cold air when the side ones and footwell are warm ? This is with Auto selected. I'm going to try measuring using...
  18. Cabin temperature

Noticed that recently the climate control doesn't get the cabin up to the temp selected, eg temp on dials 20 deg, actual temp measured by thermometer 15deg. Heater will put out hot air ok but turns to cool air way short of required temp. Temp sensor fault ? Where is it located ?
  19. Next alternative car to a Leon?

Be interested to see what the new Skoda Fabia is like in 1.5 guise (assuming engine problems fixed and they don't go overboard with the touchscreen controls) to replace my 1.8 FR. Going to be 4,1m long with 380l boot so plenty large enough for me whilst new Leon/Golf/A3 have all grown too big now.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.