Search results

1. Condensation in rear light

Take a look at this thread. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=412139
  2. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Got mine from partsulike in April last year. Had problems with the ones I had fitted in the map lights, some of the leds stopped working on 1 two stopped and the other 3. Partulike changed them and no problems with any of them or the others yet.
  3. Whats this?

Found out what it is. Listed as SEAT 5F0823708 gasket for flap. It goes onto the bulkhead just behind the bonnet catch, have a look at this page item 11 to see where it fits. http://www.partsbase.org/parts/sea-5f0823708/ Must admit it's not a tight fit so will probably come off again.
  4. Whats this?

I have the same. When fitting the fan jets I caught something out of the corner of my eye flying out of the engine bay and found the same object on the floor. The main part of it is 45 X 15mm, couldn't see where it came from or see anything obviously missing. Kept it in the car and the next time...
  5. Cracked tail lights

See this thread. Condensation in rear light cluster
  6. Condensation in rear light cluster

Had my OS changed today plus a gearbox update, took just over an hour.
  7. Condensation in rear light cluster

Just been to the dealer, to start of with the it's normal to get condensation etc. Then mentioned the small crack on the inside, so damage not covered by the warranty. So mentioned the bulleting about the problem and they then looked it up and seemed genuinely surprised when they found it...
  8. Condensation in rear light cluster

Had another look after reading the other links and there does appear to be a small crack on the inside, about 3/4 of the way up on the outer edge.
  9. Condensation in rear light cluster

Noticed today that the rear right light cluster has condensation in the indicator and at the top of the lens. anybody had the same problem and what was the fix.
  10. Sat Nav and Traffic

It would appear that SEAT use TM-TMC which only covers Motorways and Trunk roads but saying that I have been on some trunk roads with traffic problems and nothing showing on the SEAT sat nav. Some other sat navs use RDS-TMC which covers all roads. So this explains why one was showing problems...
  11. Sat Nav and Traffic

Have had a look at the handbook and yes the data is from rds tm signal, so the phone as nothing to do with it. I believe the traffic info is transmitted via classic FM in the UK. It seems strange that the built in sat nav is unable to pick up this info but a Tomtom device in the same vehicle...
  12. Sat Nav and Traffic

That's the problem nothing is showing on the sat nav but on the real road there is. Of the road works I came across the shortest was 1 mile and the longest was 5. All on duel carriage ways 1 lane closed and speed restrictions.
  13. Sat Nav and Traffic

Set a route today and sat nav didn't show any traffic problems but on the route there was 5 problems (long term) within 50 miles of start point. On another sat nav with a rds traffic receiver showed all 5. Does anybody know how the built in unit gets its traffic info?
  14. Washer bottle low indicator?

Checked with my dealer and my car 5 door SE ( nearly a year old) no sensor but the FR does.
  15. Info screen icons

The two hills/mountains is the altitude. Shown in yards and not feet.
  16. Installing Fan washers

Fitted today, what a easy job. Set to the highest position before fitting. Spray is just over half way up the screen but once moving it does drop, at 60 it is just over a quarter up the screen. Seems to give a smoother clean than the jets. Looking at the old jets they have the SEAT logo on then...
  17. Installing Fan washers

Ordered a pair yesterday from a Skoda dealer £19.04 for the pair. Phone call today ready for collection. Picking up later then hopefully fit tomorrow, hope they are as easy to fit as overs have said as I have problems with my hands.
  18. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Hi Tommy95. Have a look at page 6 on this thread #112. Hope it helps.
  19. LED headlights in snow

I have looked at a few articles about LED Headlight freezing and it seems to be a common problem on all makes. Some have a small fans that blows across the heat sink on the rear of the LEDs onto the front of the headlight. Looks as if the headlight manufactures are working on ways to stop it...
  20. LED headlights in snow

It's a shame that they can't incorporate some sort of heating element into the LED headlights, to stop them fogging up or freezing. We have the rear screen demister and some cars have heated windscreens, so why not heated LED headlights. Yes it's fine for those that have the headlight washers...