Search results

1. Sat Nav

No, and no. The more up to date versions are faster to load, smoother in operation and have far superior graphics. There's now been a few different options in the mk3 Leon. A 5 inch basic package with no satnav, A 5.8inch with satnav and some extra speakers, standard in the tech pack models, A...
  2. Cracked tail lights

I'd say if they aren't an issue leave them well alone, but keep an eye out for any moisture. It's more the way it attaches than the bolt itself. The fixing forces the cluster into its recess with two little tabs at the edge. It's the two tabs that ultimately cause the cracking.
  3. Cracked tail lights

Thread resurrection​ for the benefit of newer forum members!
  4. Discoloured brake light.

There's plenty of info already on here about this. I bumped an old thread for you. It's one of the most common faults on mk3 Leons. The plastic cracks around the outside of the light unit due to over tightening at the factory, letting in moisture, which promptly produces condensation all over...
  5. Anyone transported 2.4 metre lengths of timber?

Well I did it in the ST... I'm not sure about a five door. In the ST they fitted but had to rest on the front centre armrest, straight down the middle. Good luck!
  6. Is this just me

They're certainly not as rare as they used to be, cheap leasing deals have seen to that. I see them pretty regularly around Warwick and Coventry... And they're always white or Dynamic. I've still only seen two Cupra STs away from the forecourt though, and one of those was clearly a demonstrator...
  7. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I guess it's the little things that make it yours, so fair enough I guess. You've obviously got more patience than me!
  8. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Wait, have the originals been sprayed silver? Looking at the pic I'd assumed they'd been sprayed and then worn off. If they've stained like that then yeah, that's really weird. I've never seen black ones do that. Unless you meant the new silver ones would do the same thing again... In which...
  9. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Surely it would be much easier to just pop to the dealership and buy some new black ones... They're cheap as chips anyway, and every other model gets the black ones as standard. Seems a lot of buggering about doing all that spraying (which may itself come off anyway) when you can just buy them...
  10. whers's the climate control?

Those covered grilles look gopping. Just saying, lol.
  11. whers's the climate control?

What Stu said. The first 1.6TDi used in SE mk3's was labelled 105. In late 2014 they started calling it the 110 instead. It's the same engine, they changed nothing noteworthy but the marketing. Not that it matters, the mk3 engines aren't affected by the emissions scandal, only the older mk2s...
  12. 2017 Leon!!!

Perhaps ironically, I actually agree. Maybe that's why I was happy to overlook the fairly dated dash of the f30. Although should point out the F30 3 series is long in the tooth now anyway. The all new G20 is due very soon indeed, so the 3 series is most definitely not new. Even its facelift was...
  13. 2017 Leon!!!

Because hard plastics look and feel cheap. They are also more prone to creaks and rattles, and they scratch easily because they are brittle. They can make a £20k car feel and look like a £10k car.
  14. Would you buy another?

The upgraded seats are about £300. No brainer really. My 320 is auto so no probs with offset pedals either. I find Audi's worse for this problem personally. Mine is also a 2017 so has the updated and much improved iDrive5. The older models did have a very poor interface, looked like something...
  15. Would you buy another?

Totally agree. I voted no on this poll, but out of the three SEATs I've had over the years the last one was the only one with issues. Perhaps because it was a very early ST? I wouldn't buy a other purely because of personal preference and the things I want in a car have changed, not cause it's...
  16. Would you buy another?

I have to say I found the seats to be fairly good on the whole. Perhaps the seat base is a little flatter than ideal but I'd never have said it was uncomfortable. Noisy, but never uncomfortable. The road noise in my ST did get tiresome on long journeys though.
  17. Would you buy another?

I replaced mine with a 3 series recently. The Leon wasn't a bad car to be fair, but the many little annoyances are what made me go for something else. I got sick of the auto levelling lights not working, the suspension creaks, and numerous electrical 'gremlins' that never seemed to be there...
  18. Fuel consumption

To be honest 45mpg in mixed driving is about right for that combo. My ST used to average around the same, 50mpg on a good run. It's the heaviest body shell with the lowest output petrol engine in the range, I wouldn't say 45mpg makes it hard on fuel, to be fair. No, it won't do what the book...
  19. Auto Parking

No trouble. I believe someone on here a couple of years ago had a go at a custom install but it turned out to be, well, a lot of trouble.
  20. Seat Leon ST FR 1.8 TSI 2014

Exactly how many drinks had you had? Or are you just trolling for the sake of it?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.