Search results

1. arreruk

Cupra on normal 95 ron fuel

Yup. Mine runs just fine as per Seat recommendations. 98 not available in my town so 95 it is. Still a bloody quick motor
  2. arreruk

Cupra turbo whistle

I know what you mean Shadak. I'm a 46 year old 'boy' racer and so I tend to be left foot on brake, 'box in manual and right foot poised to gun it. But the ST still felt quicker in that first 5 metres or so. Once this things gets moving though!!!!! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. arreruk

Cupra turbo whistle

Mine was the pfl in SB - not a fan of the humbrol grey (not sure if you were an airfix fan lol). Guy near me has the dreaded diesel (ST-D lolz) in red. Preferred the front of my pfl tbh. Loving the Alor blue 290. Needs a clean but don't have the time :-( Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. arreruk

Cupra turbo whistle

Having only recently dropped out of the ST-3 into the 290 I'm not surprised that you found yourself that much faster. The ST is a quick enough motor and pretty spot on handling wise but the 290 has impressed me greatly so far and I've not had chance to take it anywhere interesting yet. TBH I've...
  5. arreruk

It's the little things

No this is DSG. It's clearly a member of the Green Party. Lol Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. arreruk

It's the little things

Same here Kiddo - it's doing my nut in as I keep forgetting to turn it off on startup! Lol Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. arreruk

Cupra turbo whistle

Performance wise on the move it gathers speed much better than the ST - but off the line (the initial get away that is) the ST or anything quickish with a manual box and a driver with a semi skilled left paw will get away quicker cos of the slight 'lag' (for want of a better word) of the DSG...
  8. arreruk

Cupra turbo whistle

Aha! Thanks Snah. Was wondering what caused it. Good to know. Cheers Andy Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. arreruk

Cupra turbo whistle

Mine had 961 miles on it when I got it. 1700 now so pretty well run in. I've taken it from 30.4 to 29.8 in just over 3 weeks. My Focus ST3 was 29.8 after 3 years. Mpg less important than the spg ( per gallon) that both motors offer. The Cupra does it without that distasteful left foot clutch...
  10. arreruk

Cupra turbo whistle

Is it kind of a metallic whistle / chirrup? I'm a few short weeks into ownership of my MY16 290 and mine does it. Not sure of fuel economy yet - waiting for engine to free up a bit as its not yet as good as my Focus ST-3 - but the performance seems on point . Noise comes on light to moderate...
  11. arreruk

Stereo help

Nice one. Thanks very much - I'll be having a play with that later cheers. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. arreruk

Stereo help

All's I gotta do is figure out how to change the dials. Mine shows three 'g' meters. Sure I don't need *that* many. Lol. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. arreruk

I've Only Been And Gone and Flippin' Done it at Last!

Yeah am well impressed with the infotainment. Lots of toys to play with . Oh and the engine is pretty sweet too! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. arreruk

Cheers Zondaff. It's a 290 - one 'careful' managing director owner :-) with less than 1k on it when I picked it up.
  15. arreruk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. arreruk

But of course. I'm struggling to find time to take any and I reckon it'll be rotten dirty by the time I do. Lol. Will sort some out as soon as I can tho. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. arreruk

Hello all. Long time lurker and infrequent poster. After two years of umming and aahhhing about my next motor I've had my Cupra 290 for three days now. Simple spec (no additives) in Alor Blue. Saw it Friday, bought it Saturday and picked up Monday. Really have been looking for two years...
  18. arreruk

Leon Sport Cross

I assume that this is because larger SUV type vehicles don't have brake lights like the standard sized hatches or saloons. Who knew? Lol :-) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. arreruk

How are the ST Cupra Owners Getting On?

Hi all. Long time lurker, infrequent poster here with a question or two about the ST. I have been considering a Cupra for some time now. Really want an auto 'box and past experience with DSG has me convinced that this is the way to go. I was thinking about the five door hatch but the extra...
  20. arreruk

Blue Cupra

Nice! I was hoping that they'd add a blue to the lineup. Now, the choice is three or five doors..... Hmmm. Leaning towards five as getting the elderly mother in and out of recaro front seats in the ST3 is difficult enough so she has to sit in the back. At 80 years young, I don't fancy her...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.