Search results

1. chr1sd

Turbo blown running stage 1, advice needed now with new one

mine went on my 57 plate Passat Tdi Sport, about 2 weeks after a Superchips stage 1 :blink: cant remember mileage exactly, but it was around the 65k mark. could be a bad map but more likely caused by sticking turbo veins. the wastegate actuation on the one i removed was less than smooth so i...
  2. chr1sd

What is the mileage on your Leon right now?

just turned 80k on 07 Cupra.
  3. chr1sd

What is the mileage on your Leon right now?

lets be serious, if you could park it in a display cabinet above your fire, it wouldnt get used at all :p
  4. chr1sd

Lowering springs vs ride comfort?

I have H&R springs on my cupra and the ride is definately not as harsh as the standard springs. Gary on here (never2old) has just drove my car the other day and he as an FR. He said mine didnt feel as harsh as his and thought it was less 'choppy'.
  5. chr1sd

Corrosion/Perforation warranty query

I had a 2000 w reg Audi A4 repaired on bodywork warranty. car was 9 years old at the time. Had some small spots on the lower doors where the galvanizing had started to lift and bubble. The only stipulation at Audi was that the paint was original, which it was. Had a bloke come out from Audi Uk...
  6. chr1sd

2008 Leon 2.0 TDI BKD engine noise

if the veins are stuck you will get either overboost or underboost. VCDS will see a difference between boost request and boost actual. in these situations, you would likely get a Error on the dash board and possible limp mode. AS Muttley said, you cant diagnose a knackered turbo simply by saying...
  7. chr1sd

Sheared wiper spindle

about £120 new. heres a new one on ebay cheap as chips... Double check its the nearside. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-LEON-WINDSCREEN-WIPER-LINKAGE-NEW-GENUINE-1P0955602A-/400668834731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d49b93bab
  8. chr1sd

Rear caliper help

you can get the calipers from Euros. About £60 cheaper than dealers and its the same part, but the grind the VW logo off :whistle: http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/133443940/p/home Id also advise you to buy a new brake pipe as they seize in the nut and the pipe will just split when...
  9. chr1sd

2008 Leon 2.0 TDI BKD engine noise

changed the turbo on my passat same engine code. They usually sound like a police siren when they are starting to fail.
  10. chr1sd

Help with noise on start up

Do you start it with he clutch pressed down? Could be a a few things. Like you say, loose exhaust hanger / heat shield. Rattle from flywheel. More common on the TFSi is the Cam chain tensioner. It is spring loaded but uses oil pressure also. Poor initial oil pressure for one reason or another...
  11. chr1sd

Clunking from front end?

sounds like an expensive maybe. any play in the driveshafts / CV joints?
  12. chr1sd

H&R spring fitting

Passenger driveshaft comes out and goes back pretty easy. Crack the hub nut loose while on the ground, then the inner driveshaft bolts come loose with someone standing on the brakes. Three lower nuts connect ball joint to lower arm, unbolt the auto headlap sensor and away you go.
  13. chr1sd

H&R spring fitting

The top mounts are installed facing a certain way. there is an arrow on the top which should face forward and the bit of rubber faces outward. Ended up having to replace the droplinks on mine as well as they were seized solid and required some gentle persuation from Dr Grinder. Not a bad...
  14. chr1sd

Cupra clutch. Stupid little part

why not just order a new part from TPS. could just be a dodgy seal on it.
  15. chr1sd

if id bothered to read your second post id have known :cry:
  16. chr1sd

Smoking HEAVY on over run

id have thought most full time mechinics would have one, or at least have access to one.
  17. chr1sd

http://www.ecstuning.com/News/Volkswagen_MKV_Jetta_GTI_GLI_ECS_6-Speed_Clutch_Bleeder_Block_2006_2007_2008_2009/?salesrep=apasternak&utm_source=vortex&utm_medium=forum&utmcontent=apasternak&utm_campaign=newpost
  18. chr1sd

Cuplrits likely to be valve stem seals. or possibly head gasket leak. Before you rip the turbo off, id get someone with a borescope to have a butchers. If there proves to be oil present, the only outcome is likely to be removing the head for a proper inspection.
  19. chr1sd

have you checked the plugs yet? theres only one way to find the fault and thats to strip it down. Initially turbo off . When the turbo is off he can inspect both that and the back of the exhaust valves for oil. it will be plain as day if one or more of the valve seals on the exhaust side...
  20. chr1sd

Your right but it would give an indication as to how bad the smoke is. PM sent DGF264
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise