Search results

1. Mike20vT

TIP & DV problem?

Hi guys, Today I manged to fit my new silicone TIP (was a twat of a job) and think I've done something wrong as my 008 DV seems really quiet since fitting the TIP. Any suggestions guys....as it was alot louder with the standard TIP on! Cheers Mike!
  2. Mike20vT

Silicone hose for fuel line?

Hi guys, I've just ordered myself some 4mm and 8mm silicone hose for the engine bay and wanted to know if I needed a certain hose to change the fuel line? I've been told that the hoses that I've bought are fine and shouldn't be an issue but want to be sure. My friend has driven his...
  3. Mike20vT

1 or 2 Oil Gauges?

Hi guys, I'm looking into buying an Oil temperature gauge and/or an Oil pressure gauge.......do I really need both or is it best to stick to the one? I have an LC180 Thanks, Mike :)
  4. Mike20vT

Coilovers Question?

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a set of coilovers next week and have seen these: http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/seat/leon/fk-ak-street-coilover-suspension-kitleon-1m-14-16-18-cupra-18t-19sdi-19tdi-cupra-19tdi-fr-19tdi-0999 ...the questions is, would I need anything else or does...
  5. Mike20vT

Anyone else stage 2?

Hi guys, I've been looking into having a stage 2 remap done on my LC180 by GOTBOOST in Bridgend, has anyone else had a stage 2 map done by these? I have been quoted a figure of 220-230bhp but I believe that's a bit low for stage 2 iirc. Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. Mike :)
  6. Mike20vT

Does the price jusify the extra power?

Hi guys, I've finally managed to save up the money to be able to buy the parts (and remap) needed for stage 2.... However I have a question: is the extra money that's needed for stage 2 (i.e. FMIC, 4FPR, etc) worth the cost over a stage 1 remap? Is there really that much difference in...
  7. Mike20vT

Cupra 180 feeling sluggish (with video)

Hi guys, I've noticed that my LC180 is running a bit rough lately and need help finding out how to resolve it. When I pull off from a junction/traffic lights etc, the car seems to be jerking when between 2-3k rpm. It seems to pull...nothing...make a dump valve sound...then pull again? I'm...
  8. Mike20vT

Clutch Issue...need help ASAP!!

Hi guys, This evening as I was driving my clutch pedal decided to hit the floor and stay there. I pulled over immediately, turned engine off, and went to have a look in the bay and under the car. In the engine bay it looked like something had leaked as there were quite a few splash marks around...
  9. Mike20vT

Decat Downpipe Question??

Morning all, I've been searching online for a decat-downpipe and I have found the toyosports one, which looks great for the money :) the question I have is.....would a 3" decat-downpipe fit straight onto my exciting standard exhaust system or would I need to buy the toyosports cat-back exhaust...
  10. Mike20vT

Living with a remapped car

Hey guys, Been doing some research but can't seem to find a definitive answer and would like to know....what are remapped cars like to live with - daily driving, motorway driving and mpg wise? I've heard that stage 1 improves your mpg but can't find anything on stage 2.....I'm assuming it...
  11. Mike20vT

Is it worth upgrading DV?

Hi guys, In the near future I will be looking to get a stage 1 remap but doubt I'll ever go to stage 2 (due to cash :( ) and was wondering, is it worth upgrading the diverter valve to either a Forge 008 / APR R1 ....or.... is it worth just going out and buying a new OEM diverter valve as I...
  12. Mike20vT

Lowering Question

Evening all :) I'm currently looking at buying lowering springs in the hope they'll be fitted over the summer and needed some advice..... I plan on lowering the car onto standard cupra 180 alloys and need to know how low can I go before rubbing and won't scrape loads on speed bumps? I will...
  13. Mike20vT

How Fast is Stage 2?

After looking through endless threads on here I can't seem to find exactly how fast a LC 180 Stage 2 would be. My question to all the people who have a Stage 2 LC 180....how fast is your car? i.e. compared to other cars such as LCR, Vauxhall VXR's, Clio 197's, Focus ST's etc! Only want to...
  14. Mike20vT

Cupra 180 Stage 2 Question

Hey guys, I currently have a standard 180 LC and was looking into a remap when someone said it's more beneficial if I modify the car ready for stage 2 and then remap it....question I have is, how much power would I be looking to achieve and is there much difference between stage 1 and 2...
  15. Mike20vT

My Black Leon Cupra 180

Well, here’s my Leon Cupra. I purchased the car about 2 months ago, completely standard with FSH and low miles :) It is a 2003 Cupra 180. Here’s a few pictures of the day I picked her up :) After registering on here and chatting with a few of you guys I managed to come up with a...
  16. Mike20vT

Best gauges for pillar pod?

Hey guys, Quick question, I will be looking to get a pillar pod when payday arrives :D and I was wondering what gauges are you all using and what ones would you recommend as I've seen loads and can't seem to decide which is best lol Regards :)
  17. Mike20vT

Warming / Cooling Times?

Hey guys, I'm new to the world of turbo charged cars (driven /NA for over 10yrs) and was wondering if anyone knew how long you had to warm the car up before being able to safely increase the speed? And how long is best to let the car cool down for afterwards? (Cupra 180) Regards Mike
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.