Search results

1. Toledo mk2 radio and air con issues

Hey there Chris, thanks for the reply, really useful tip about the corrosion! I'll have to check it out for rust. 10 years with your Leon - that's incredible loyalty! They're good to drive, aren't they? I really enjoy driving the Toledo, it's been a brilliant mile muncher, not that it does...
  2. Toledo mk2 radio and air con issues

Hello! Well, it's a while since I was last here, but my Toledo is still going strong and it's been much nicer to drive since replacing the MAF sensor last year. However a couple of issues have popped up and I'd appreciate any thoughts if you have them! First of all, the radio isn't...
  3. Just got a Toledo!

Well chaps, we have a result. Thanks again for all your help with this. Yesterday I replaced the MAF with the new Bosch item (total cost £55.08 incl VAT after discounts from Euro Car Parts). I also did a full ECU reset, following this guide - seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110917...
  4. Just got a Toledo!

Bit more digging... This one on ECP - 434440617 - has an alternate Bosch number of 0 281 002 531, which matches one listed on Darkside Developments. The Darkside site lists Toledos as suitable but not with the AHF engine, though AHF is a relevant engine under the Golf/Bora list. The...
  5. Just got a Toledo!

Thanks for the quick reply! Main dealer including exchange is £120. However, ECP have two parts available (I'll post part numbers as I can't post URLs yet): 434440320 (£65) is listed as an AHF part (plus other engine codes) but models from 2002-2003. Mine is 2000 (W). 434440617 (£112)...
  6. Just got a Toledo!

Hi guys. Mancseat - thanks so much for your message. I was going to call you about a month ago but I ended up being swept away with buying a house and being offered a new job. My apologies for not getting in touch. This evening I spent a bit of time doing some testing and there were some...
  7. Just got a Toledo!

I don't think I'm able to send PMs to you so it's in the same place that you sent me a message. :) Unless I'm being daft.
  8. Just got a Toledo!

Cheers, I've popped you a reply.
  9. Just got a Toledo!

Well it's over 12 months since my last post. I've never got round to looking into this myself or getting anyone else to check it out, but the performance issues are starting to frustrate. Something definitely isn't right. My earlier post is a touch inaccurate. Torque builds at 1900rpm but...
  10. Just got a Toledo!

I think it's a permanent characteristic. Useful to know how another AHF behaves. I had thought it was normal but the drop off in power as revs rise does feel increasingly odd the more I drive it. I was initially surprised by the low-down grunt but disappointed by how quickly it tails off. I...
  11. Just got a Toledo!

All is well a couple of months in and the MOT was easily passed last week. Lovely. Quick question though - this car has a 110 TDI AHF engine and I can't quite establish whether the power delivery is normal or not. In 1st and 2nd gear the car will fire itself down the road with the right...
  12. Just got a Toledo!

Hello, Thought I'd pop in and say hello - picked up a 2000(W) TDI 110 SE over the weekend and I'm sure I'll be using these forums to research any issues that come up. After hours of cleaning inside and out all seems well except for a louder than expected hiss from the engine under load. I...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members