Search results

1. Clazzer

Body Shop in Stoke on Trent/Staffordshire Area

I took mine to Swansway in Crewe mate for a stone chip repair and to have my side skirts painted. Not the cheapest but manufacturer approved and guaranteed quality.
  2. Clazzer

Torque steer cupra 265

Have to admit, my MKII Cupra R was running 333 torques and ran straight as a die. I can't say the same for my 290, it's not bad, but it is noticeable.
  3. Clazzer

Theft prevention

As Edd said diskloks are great when you're out and about. I had one on my Type R back in the day...showing my age now! My concern in this day and age is that the type of theft that is more common involves keys from the owners houses and in those type of cases I'd personally prefer them to get...
  4. Clazzer

Theft prevention

Thing about the steering lock though is where do you keep the key? A lot of these cars are being stolen with keys and some people are getting seriously hurt whilst these *******s endeavour to get them. If they're willing to break into your house and confront the owners a steering lock isn't...
  5. Clazzer

My Mk3

Sorry...couldn't resist! Fan washer jets are cheap and really easy, then I'd personally look at upgrading interior bulbs to LED, cheap and easy to do as well. You can't go far wrong with a nice set of wheels, especially as yours is a nice colour. I think I'd also look at getting the lower...
  6. Clazzer

My Mk3

Echo in here?
  7. Clazzer

My Mk3

Is there an echo in here?
  8. Clazzer

Whats wrong with my front suspension?

Now come on....either you're a bat or some type of land based dolphin and use sonar/echo location to measure things or you used your eyes and a measuring device..."visually" as I believe it is commonly referred to.
  9. Clazzer

Installing Fan washers

I found two heated ones on eBay for £23 second hand, just been out to fit them and mine aren't heated! I assumed that heated seats were a part of the winter pack so washers would be heated too. If anyone is looking for a set of heated I'm happy to let these go and get some non heated ones. I've...
  10. Clazzer

Cupra 290 - Slight misfire on idle?

I've noticed the same twice on my 5k mile 290, first reaction was to check the rev counter which was stable. I then wondered if it my be a slight vibration from the DMF as I had one replaced under warranty on a golf I owned previously. It reminded me of that.
  11. Clazzer

Air intake help

An open cone intake is going to suffer a degree of heat soak so will more than likely lose power. Unless you're looking to spend strong money on something like a VWR intake a panel filter is by far the best option for performance and price.
  12. Clazzer

Wheel Nut Torque

Cheers folks ;)
  13. Clazzer

Wheel Nut Torque

Anyone know what the wheel nut torque settings are for the 290SC? Should they be in the hand book? Not at home so I'm unable to look.
  14. Clazzer

Goodbye R...Hello 290SC

So, decided to purchase this on Saturday. Decided to go for a manual despite looking for a DSG as it is pretty well spec'd...pan roof, black pack, SEAT sound, ACC and sports seats...and it'd only done 3600 miles. Only had chance to do 100 miles in it so far but have to say I'm impressed. Okay...
  15. Clazzer

How old are we Cupra owners?

Balls, 44 340bhp Cupra R 1P which is hopefully being sold today Deposit being made this afternoon on a 66, 290 SC
  16. Clazzer

Heko wind deflectors

Around £30 for Heko ones front and back set. I'm on my third set as I keep breaking them when I clean my car!
  17. Clazzer

Cupra: what price, what mods?

This is definitely worth a look, clean straight car and post FL for only a grand more? http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428010
  18. Clazzer

cupra going up for sale

Just seen this in the for sale section, if anyone out there is in the market for a Cupra, have a look at this one. I met the current owner, Mark through here and we've become mates. This is a seriously tidy, well looked after and maintained motor, it's a prime example of a face lift Cupra...
  19. Clazzer

Engine Light on!

Might be unrelated mate, you need to get it scanned. If you'd have been going 3rd to 4 th and hit 1st then I could understand it, but not just missing a gear.
  20. Clazzer

Wheel nut caps

Yeah, I picked up the wife's FR and all but six were missing. They ordered a full set of replacements as they told me that they were aware that there was a design issue with them. I use a different dealership for my motor and they also confirmed they knew about the issue. As a result of this...