Search results

1. Bought some Koni FSD's but will they fit?

Just as a note I have these fitted to my Cupra and they're fantastic. I have them fitted with standard springs..I did have eibachs fitted before and it was dreadful. Ok over small bumps but anything larger and you'd swear the wheel was coming into the cabin. Lasted a month before removing the...
  2. Cupra tdi

As said though FR's will have longer gearing that a cupra- 50mpg is common enough on mine (remapped as well) but nearly all my driving is motorway.
  3. Going rate of Cupra's

Been looking at selling mine and I was surprised at the price they still seem to fetch as well. As you say though not many about. I always envision the biggest problem I'll have selling mine will be the ibiza FR - the majority of people looking for a diesel hatch with a bit of poke will...
  4. ESP light on constantly

Yes mate, glowplug light flashed as well but with yours being petrol maybe it hasn't got one?
  5. Upgrading suspension...?

Only problem I had with the standard suspension was the ride so I replaced it with eibach springs and koni FSD shocks. It was crap. Banged over everything and handled awful. Took the eibachs back out and now running standard springs and FSDs, handles nice and the ride is brilliant no crashing at...
  6. ESP light on constantly

Mine did the exact same when the brake switch went. Was about £9 for a replacement and 10 mins to fit.
  7. *wanted seat ibiza cupra pd160 facelift*

Agree with what the man above has said, I waited it out to get my cupra and don't regret a second of it now. Mate of mine has the fr and driven side by side the difference is blatant, not just speed but braking, exterior, interior etc etc. If you can stump up the extra for the initial...
  8. Ibiza Cupra TDi remap

43k on mine mapped now for around 10k. Running 198 bhp and 308 lb/ft, clutch so far is 100% and I'd have a heavy right foot at times! Suspension wise I'm running standard springs and koni FSD shocks, pricey but an excellent setup imo, good handling plus rides really well, not crashy or harsh...
  9. Ibiza fr tdi mpg

Venting the tank on a remapped cupra tdi doing near enough all motorway driving I'll hit over 500 miles every time. That'd be about 70% ~60 mph driving, 20% traffic and maybe 10% of it 80-90 mph on my private runway home after working late.
  10. Where did my turbo go

Another +1 for sticky vnt here, mine had it and used to do the exact same thing regularly until I got it sorted.
  11. Cupra TDi....talk to me?

To be honest I bought mine off an old man, it had done 10k miles in 4 years so barely got driven and probably never driven hard so I'd say that was at the root of my turbo troubles. With normal use and a decent blast every now and then I don't think sticking vanes would be an issue.
  12. Cupra TDi....talk to me?

I've got one done about 30k in it with no real issues apart from sticking vanes in the turbo, with a remap they go very well indeed. As said they're noisy, I stripped the interior out of mine and sound deadened the floor, side panels, doors etc and it made a good difference. Harsh ride is the...
  13. Remapped Cupra TDI MPG

Mine is mapped and I'd see around 43-48 over a tank (calculated brim to brim), that would be commuting a 60 mile round trip each day mostly at 60/65 although pressing on a bit more when traffic allows..
  14. Help! Wrong oil used

I would as well tbh, I don't think it'd do the engine much harm but it would annoy me knowing it was in there if it wasnt 100% the right stuff lol.
  15. Bonnet Cable Snapped

This happened to me a few years ago, well, a d*ckhead mate disconnected it from the catch while drunk.. I got something and was able to lever the catch under the bonnet but still couldn't get it to lift. As luck would have it the car had been in a couple of weeks previous for accident repair...
  16. Cupra TDI coil springs

If you do this let me know how you get on. I can tell you now I have koni FSDs with eibach springs installed and it isnt comfortable lol, so if standard springs and FSDs are better I'd seriously consider swapping them out.
  17. Anyone successfully drowned out road noise?

I've done the boot floor, under rear seats, under the carpet and front seats, front footwells, rear quarters and front doors. It's an improvement but as said it's never going to be a Jag. Still plenty of noise on the wrong surface, and when you're on a quiet surface you just hear the wind noise...
  18. Tyre Recommendations

Those bf goodrich are a cracking tyre, excellent wet or dry and last well too. I use them all round on my cupra and did on my last car too.
  19. Really fed up with Suspension on my TDI 130 Sport

Honestly for the difference in ride quality I'm not sure what I've spent is worth it. Haven't exact figures to hand but FSDs ~450, eibachs ~ 150, new top mounts bearings etc ~40 and fitting £60 so about 700 all in. Plus not far off another 100 for sound deadening. If you're going for FSDs I...
  20. back seat removal

The seats themselves all just clip out, but the rear seatbelt will need unbolted, 17mm socket iirc. Seat bases are dead easy and the backs you just drop forward then get a screwdriver or something and theres a thing you slide back to let one side out of its clip then just wriggle the other...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise