Search results

1. Mk4 Ibiza front wheel bearing help

Cheers mate, that's what I thought, you've just confirmed it for me, thanks
  2. Mk4 Ibiza front wheel bearing help

The front wheel bearing has moved in the hub on my friends mk4 Ibiza sport, her p/s drive shaft had snapped, so I went out to replace it for her eariler today and it seemed to short, on furthur investigation I found that the wheel bearing has moved about 1" outwards, Iv just got a new...
  3. Overheating Cupra

Fit an oil catch tank, this will get rid of all the pvc pipes Plenty of guides on here how to do that
  4. Newbie from Liverpool

Il remember that lol
  5. Newbie from Liverpool

I work out of South liverpool commercials, bout 5 mins from the airport,
  6. Newbie from Liverpool

No mate not been to any meets, Iv only had my cupra since febuary, it's a 20vt not tdi, Where abouts in Liverpool are you, I work in Speke
  7. Newbie from Liverpool

Warrington pal
  8. Newbie from Liverpool

Welcome Liam , your the closest member to me Iv come across on here
  9. Ibiza 1.8t fr 04 massive hesitation around 4000 rpm

You done the n249 bypass then,, notice any difference?
  10. Overheating Cupra

It very well might be, worth trying the thermostat 1st tho, it sorted mine out with same symptoms craggers having
  11. Overheating Cupra

Why not just have ago yourself? theres only one way to learn and that's getting stuck in, there's plenty of guides on here to follow step by step, if you've not got any tools, go get some with that £100 your gonna spend on a mechanic, If you were closer to me I'd give you a lift with it...
  12. Repairs :(

id say around £100 pal should get that sorted,
  13. Overheating Cupra

sounds like thermostat pal, Iv had the same symtoms, I replaced the thermostat and problem sorted it's preety easy replaced, abit fiddly I removed the alternator for better access
  14. Oil leak?

The oil around the filler cap is proberly where some has spilt it when topping the oil up and not bother to clean it up, over time all the crap sticks to it,, As for the linkage, how much oil are we talking?? Dripping?? The linkage is at the top of the gearbox so it's either going to be...
  15. SMF awesomegti

The dmf is better for car, if you can get a clutch that can handle the power using a dmf then that's what I'd go for, Smf causes more noise, more vibration which in turn gets sent down the crankshaft, lay shaft
  16. LCR error 17704

Yeap, thermostat pal
  17. On boost, smoke and loss of power

I agree with Ross mate, sounds like your turbo, I replaced mine a few months ago, wasn't that hard to really
  18. SMF awesomegti

Can't remember if it was a racing clutch,, it was just a Sachs solid flywheel conversion kit, clutch and concentric bearing were all part of it!
  19. The only leaky Leon guide you will need

Oh yea, and Iv gotta seal the doors up aswell, carpets are p!$$ wet thru
  20. The only leaky Leon guide you will need

This is my first winter with it, got it in febuary this year but didn't get it on the road till June, after I repaired it's countless faults,, but well worth doing,, I love it,, Since February Iv replaced in order Flywheel, clutch and bearing Then the oil light came on, engine fooked, replaced...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members