Search results

1. redtill

Replacing a coil pack

Just changed it,no tools required
  2. redtill

Replacing a coil pack

Nice one.........knowing my luck it'll be 1 of the coils that needs to be removed with tools
  3. redtill

Replacing a coil pack

just a quick 1 lads..coil pack went this morning on the way to work.....I can order 1 & have it delivered to work but do I need any tools to fit/remove it or just a case of un clipping & pulling it out.cheers
  4. redtill

Re-Introduction

They got it to 198bhp 215lbs torque The motors is 12 years old & had 160,000 Feels so so much better,especially the torque Done on the rolling road.Had a smoke test done as well which surprisingly showed no leaks
  5. redtill

Revo Stage 1,Bilstein/Eibach......what next??

Just had the smoke test..........no leaks.may still change the TIP at some point Decided to upgrade the exhaust.....Jetex or milltek???
  6. redtill

Smoke Test - Location & Price

Midland VW Canock £27 Inc vat
  7. redtill

what have you done to your car today ?

Not to the car but for the car.New remote fob Remember back in the day u couldn't get the flip out key......something to do with the frequency Now u can't get the normal fob & have to have the flip key
  8. redtill

creamy gunk

Had The same when I didn't put the dipstick back n Properly........nothing to worry about apparently according To the PPP at midland vw
  9. redtill

Booked in @ Midland VW for a smoke test before ordering any of the above Came across JBS Auto Designs in Derby who'll fit the above bit's for £65+ p/h & they quote 2 hrs to fit the TIP & silicone boost kit.Getting there....slowly
  10. redtill

Cheers............any other suggestions welcome
  11. redtill

Just had the above done to my 1.8t 20vt AUQ & was wondering what I should do next.So far I'm thinking Milltek cat back & cone filter but I also wanna peplace some of the pipework with silicone bits.Only thing is I'm not sure exactley which kit/pipes I should replace for breathing &...
  12. redtill

what have you done to your car today ?

Stage 1 revo map@MidlandVW
  13. redtill

Re-Introduction

yep just had the full service & all them bits have been done plus a new coil pack.Since the suspension change it rides very nicely.I'm sure the revo remap will be fine,which will be done on the RR & the ppl @MIDLAND VW got a lot of experience doing these engines so I'll put my faith in...
  14. redtill

Re-Introduction

Alright lads........Basically had my leon 20vt from new(2003).I was one of the first bunch of lads who had their cars imported from Europe when we were getting shed loads of euro's for the pound.It's been in std form ever since until recently.It's actually been sitting in the garage for the...
  15. redtill

Leon flip Key guide

Cheer's lads.Once I have the remote fob I'll get the transponder coded(already have a fresh transponder),key cut & then use the non remote in the ignition & hopefully I'll be able to program the central locking on the remote fob this way :think:
  16. redtill

Leon flip Key guide

So just to clear this up......I have 1 key which is a non remote with a transponder already coded to my car.Car starts & works fine.Now can I buy a remote key fob & program the remote locking on it with just the non remote in the ignition.:cheers:
  17. redtill

Leon flip Key guide

Not sure if this has been answered & yes I've trawled through the thread....but is it possible to reprogramme the central locking function on your new remote fob if you only have a std spare key(doesn't have remote function)Need to know before I pull the trigger.:cheers:
  18. redtill

Leon won't start

Thanks for ya help.now diagnosed as a faulty speed sensor
  19. redtill

Leon won't start

The engines turning over but won't start,it's as if there'd no fuel being pumped through This started happening a few days ago.First sign something was wrong was when sitting in traffic for about 5 mins the engine went off.Then when I went to restart it..it took longer to start...having to...
  20. redtill

How to - Change Brake Light Switch

Just used this guide & without it,it would have been a case of giving it to an auto electrician So helped save me at least £50.Thank to the OP
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.