Search results

1. Toon

1.4TSI ACT FR vs 1.8TSi FR

Got to agree with Mr Mustard, if your 1.8 is not kicking in until around 3500 rpm then you really are missing out. Mine is a 2013 DSG model and pulls strongly from way below that figure. I'm in Hertfordshire if you ever make it this far north, would be more than happy for you to compare it with...
  2. Toon

VW TDi Emissions software scandal

Plants produce CO2 every night when they have no light for photosynthesis..........So maybe you need to get your facts right before you get lippy with me! But plants are net absorbers of CO2 !!!
  3. Toon

"I have cars with petrol engines which typically are allowed to produce more carbon monoxide than comparable diesel engines. Whilst they don't appear to be implicated (no Adblue) they still pollute" True but petrol cars produce far lower levels of NOx than diesels which is why they dont need...
  4. Toon

Well I think we are going to find out soon. The US regulatory authorities have promised to look into other manufacturers too although Ford, Nissan, BMW and Renault have already come out saying they dont use this type of s/w.
  5. Toon

The P1 was a special edition limited to a run of only 1000 cars, we are talking 11 million+ cars here!
  6. Toon

Cleaning sarcasm

You can come clean mine if you like...
  7. Toon

Cylinder cutout

Never heard of a 184 petrol.
  8. Toon

DTUK Tuning Box Problems Leon 184 BEWARE

Agreed, as long as the mapper knows what he's doing of course!
  9. Toon

Are you sure about that?
  10. Toon

Good post, that's what these forums are for, to share our experiences.
  11. Toon

Leon FR 184ps increased fuel consumption?

Pure guess but maybe the DPF is getting blocked and is requiring more active regens to clear?
  12. Toon

Bye Bye 1.8TSI FR

+1,
  13. Toon

Bye Bye 1.8TSI FR

Unfortunately German cars are no more reliable if you believe the stats.
  14. Toon

Bye Bye 1.8TSI FR

Why the 1.8? Seems to me there is no problem specifically with the 1.8 engine, more a problem with the mk3 Leon in general. Feel for the guys with problems though.
  15. Toon

1.8Tsi- Am I Missing Something

The 1.8 ticks all the boxes for me. It has a cracking engine and on a run I'm currently seeing around 45MPG (admittedly on the trip computer). It's quick, handles really well and with the bigger brakes its safe too. Also didn't want another diesel as I do a lot of short journeys which is not...
  16. Toon

mk3 Leon headlight conversion to LED.

Yes, definitely.
  17. Toon

Is my brand new car, actually second hand?

I couldn't help him (PH), mine has had its first service and was reset so he couldn't learn anything from the data.
  18. Toon

Is my brand new car, actually second hand?

noob, My mate was describing something like this to me today. Wanted to see my in-car service schedule.
  19. Toon

Got to agree, 150hp doesnt seem all that much nowadays for a well sorted engine/intercooler arrangement. My 2 litre was running around 320hp and never gave me any trouble. But oh boy did it like a drink!
  20. Toon

+1 The 1.4 is probably the more sensible choice and better all rounder but like Mr Mustard I wanted something that little bit quicker and the bigger brakes (which are simply sensational and streets ahead of the Brembos on my last car, a Subaru STI). Was also fed up with tail-gaters wanting to...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise