Search results

1. My New Altea Alloys (pics)

:repuke: I'm glad your happy with them.
  2. Radio Wiring ID

The speed sense is not essential, its only in addition to the GPS signal. Rich
  3. Tuning chip

I don't think that the turbo spins any faster when the tuning box is fitted, it's more to do with extra fuelling hence the smoke coming out the back as unburnt fuel. I read somewhere that the 2.0 140bhp engines, and perhaps some others, were using two makes of turbo, one that would last and one...
  4. Nokia CK-300 car kit..

I dont think the Leon uses standard ISO leads, I don't mind being proved wrong. I believe all connection options are through the QuadLock (sp?) at the rear of the stereo. I know that if you use a Parrot Kit they suggest using the ISO Adaptor. I'm not sure whether this works with the Nokia kit...
  5. RS badge opinions?

Well done on associating the two letters. Still mutton dressed as lamb.
  6. RS badge opinions?

Not quite true. The model designation on the Leon is Reference Sport not RennSport which are the letters used on the Porsche (GT3 RS etc) and Audi (RS4 etc). I would imagine RennSport may take a dim view seeing one of their badges on the back of an almost base model Leon. Rich
  7. German Style Plates

Clicky here for number plate regs.
  8. Lower grill ... how much?

I had a pheasant fly into the front of mine, and yes it is a b'stard to get the grill out. As Googies said there will be some damaged knuckles after! Think mine was about £17.
  9. Looking at an Ibiza for my next car

I can send you some info you like, looking at your first post its within your budget . Rich
  10. Looking at an Ibiza for my next car

There is a good chance that the wife will be selling her 130TD FR very shortly. Changing to a company car (Ashtray). If your interested let me know. Rich
  11. 100,000 Miles and new car

I haven't got to 100k just yet but come November it won't be far off, after 3 years that is. I'll probably write a full post about my experience then. I may have decided when to have next by then, hopefully. My record mileage, so far, has been 103k in 22 months and 11 days in a mk3 Golf, never...
  12. Dpf

How kind of you to point that out to me! There is one or two posts about problems but none of them are very conclusive. If people who have had these problems could post a reply here that would be great. Rich
  13. Freezing washer fluid

I use the Halfords pre-mixed pink stuff. It will go to -8 degrees before freezing apparently. I've had no more pipes popping off the rear washer jet since using this stuff. Rich
  14. Dpf

Looking at the Leon Mk2 section they have a poll on the DPF problems that have occured here. I haven't seen much activity in the Altea section about these problems. Is anybody having them? The outcome may influence my next car choice which may be in the not to distant future. Cheers Rich
  15. Parrot Bluetooth

If you have a look at blueunplugged.com they do the iso mute leads. They just plug into the back of your head unit. Just need to find a place for the mic to go. Have a look Here
  16. Annoying

New gearbox eh?:think: Did you have any problems with first gear or reverse? Rich
  17. Starting From Warm...

Mine does the same thing, never really thought much of it. Service coming up in 1500 miles or so, see if it makes any difference. Rich
  18. Bluetooth Phone Book Issue

I tried this tonight on the way home, currently using a 6233 (work phone). It seems that only the voice tags were removed from the system all contacts in the phone book remained. As for purging the sim contacts, I was under the impression that contacts could only be read by the BT from the sim...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.