Search results

1. Aluminium Pedals

Can anyone share the link to buy these?
  2. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Mmmmm I just went out and took some pics with my phone but can't seem to attach them to this thread. It keeps on asking me to type in a URL for their location on the web rather than allowing me to attach a file. I've not got anything account like Flickr so unless someone can tell me another way...
  3. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

Drove my car in the dark tonight. It looks frickin awesome when I unlock it and the inside is illuminated by the white LEDs. So glad I went for red for the glove box as it totally compliments the dash lighting now. The red footwells are cool too and I think I might use my laptop and the...
  4. The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

I've just ordered and fitted the internal LEDs from LedPerf to my 2013 FR today. Straightforward enough to install with a bit of fiddling about. I found it easier to unscrew and detach the panel the footwell lights are in rather than force the light cover out. The panel only has two screws...
  5. Servicing Costs

I took out a personal loan cause by the time I'd got the spec I wanted and taking into account I do 12k miles a year at least, PCP was more expensive. Plus I don't like paying for something and getting nothing at the end. VW approved service centre - haha I laugh at that. How hard is it to...
  6. Servicing Costs

Wee Brucie bonus this week. Refused to pay the £165 Seat wanted for the first service of my FR so contacted my local garage who promptly ordered a Seat service pack and charged me £90 for the service. Warranty still valid and £75 better off. Shows the advantage of shopping around and how...
  7. Cheapest NEW LEON FR TDI ???

I got an 8 month old 13 plate phantom black Leon FR 150TDI with technology pack and 8k on the clock for £16500 in March this year. Got it from Arnold Shark (sorry Clark....) of all people. I kept an eye on all the popular websites and just waited for the price to drop when the 14 plates came out.
  8. Paint Chip Repair

Just bought the IPA from Ebay. £4.19 for 100ml. Figured I wouldn't need much. Now going to message my local Seat garage and see about getting the chip repair stick. Thanks for the useful guide. Any time I've tried to repair chips it's made it look worse!
  9. When do the dials light up?

Haha. Just remember the new Leon is essentially an Audi A3 in disguise. Funny enough my indicators dont always self cancel, must be the shock of being used. :D
  10. Paint Chip Repair

Starting to regret buying my FR in metallic black. Only had it for a few months and got an annoying collection of stone chips in my bonnet and roof! Has anyone used the Seat chip repair sticks? Are they easy to use and do a good job? Guys at work are telling me to get the paint only as it...
  11. Sat Nav not giving correct route

When is Sat Nav ever right? Buy a map.
  12. eBay cable and software?

What is that?
  13. eBay cable and software?

Got the staging, alarm chirp and quick fold mirrors done. Followed the Stemei guide but can't get the carbon fibre effect to show as the screen background or the laptimer to come up. Can anyone help?
  14. eBay cable and software?

Got my cable a couple of days ago. Didn't install the kind of ghost system mentioned away back on page 8, just disabled the internet connection on my laptop, installed the software and it worked straight away. Only managed to enable the staging so far before the wife chased me cause we were late...
  15. Glovebox

Likewise Daz. Unless it can be done with a claw hammer I'm useless. Have to say if you started to sell these on ebay I would be very interested. Was thinking it would look good with red stitching round the edges to match the steering wheel and gear stick.
  16. V power diesel and the like

I always use Tescos finest diesel and get about 500 miles to a tank and low 50s mpg. Had to put a full tank of BP diesel in the other day as got caught short heading back from up north so I'll see how that goes. Got a mrk 3 fr 150 with old fashioned gear stick by the way.
  17. Window tints

Generally the front windows of cars come out of the factory letting about 80% of natural light through so you can only get a very light after market tint done to comply with the law. Back windows can be as dark as you want.
  18. eBay cable and software?

Just ordered the same one . Hopefully it arrives soon and I can start playing with all the settings
  19. TP code for door seals

Never noticed it in the rear doors (not that I use them much as I'm still getting used to 5 doors over 3 and regularly get in then throw stuff over my shoulder into the back seat) but the water always runs off my boot lid into the boot when I lift it up after rain. Obviously a design fault but...
  20. Mk3 cupra - Octane (RON)

Always buy Tesco regular diesel, never had a problem with any of my cars and the one time I tried an experiment with Shell fuelsave diesel I actually got worse MPG! Was doing the same trip for two weeks from home, up the motorway to college and back again in similar weather. I work around...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.