Search results

1. cordoba lad

what have you done to your car today ?

Washed it, clayed it, polished it, waxed it, hoovered it, all ready now to sell it. Been a good car for the last 6 years but time for a change.
  2. cordoba lad

Vagcom in Birmingham anyone please

Sounds very odd. Well obvious place to start is look at fault codes and if there are no clues there look at logging. I'm about this Sunday afternoon or evenings in the week.
  3. cordoba lad

Vagcom in Birmingham anyone please

I'm Warwick Leamington way if that is any help to you.
  4. cordoba lad

exhaust pops and bangs?

tried blipping the throttle on the downshift? Normally works for me when driving tweaky petrol cars
  5. cordoba lad

VCDS / VAG-COM Register - Who's got what and where?

I don't think a dealer would touch it to be honest of course I may be wrong on that but it is probably outside of the realms of their software. Thought that may be the case with pm's my email is matt _ bourne 12 at yahoo. co. uk and we can set up when is best. Ta Matt
  6. cordoba lad

thats the software I mentioned in an earlier post. Most genuine VCDS (vagcom) users will have usb leads its only the older/cheap knock offs that are serial cables which you need to be able to make the changes required. So yes it is do able but as I've got a usb cable and my mac doesn't have a...
  7. cordoba lad

I know what you mean with the window one the potential downside would be that you side on your keys at a friends house when its raining and you end up with very wet seats. I'm off to Croatia for a week so yeah looking forward to it. I'll be back on 16th so will be around if you want to pop...
  8. cordoba lad

Wouldn't be a problem, are you in a hurry just that I'm going on holiday tomorrow night for a week. Also from your wish list I don't believe that you can shut/open the windows on the key fob not unless you have VDS pro (not vagcom) and a bit of programming knowledge falling that there is a...
  9. cordoba lad

Hi Matt I'm in Norwich, which LCR have you got mk1 or MK2? Ta Matt
  10. cordoba lad

110 130 or 150 Diesel.

Luna Grey is the official colour but looks quite blue in that photo is is more silver to be honest.
  11. cordoba lad

110 130 or 150 Diesel.

I had a 90 in my old cordoba and I've got the 150 in the Leon, chalk and cheese I would say the Leons engine revs much more cleanly throughout the range available. But I preferred the 130 engine when I drove in a fabia VRS, as there is less lag. However if you are going to modify things like...
  12. cordoba lad

Upgrading rear axle bushes

Try e-parts if you are after powerflex they seem fairly cheap. As mentioned earlier in the thread I can't recommend super pro enough. Just fitted the rear beam bushes took a while to get the old ones out but because of the 2 piece design it meant that they were an absolute dodle to fit. No...
  13. cordoba lad

k1 vs lcr225?

bit of extra power from a 2.0T, stiffer chassis, independent rear suspension, I'm sure that there are many more differences a side from these.
  14. cordoba lad

vag com

You only need to plug the car in 4 times and it has paid for itself at main dealer rates. No brainer if you ask me. Plus if you go the official route you can always use the most up to date software.
  15. cordoba lad

Fitted superpro rear beam bushes today just need to bleed the brakes now. 1.5hrs to get the old ones out 30 seconds to fit the new ones.
  16. cordoba lad

What do you run your vag com on?

Yeah I'm using a macbook pro with parallels 7 have no problems at all.
  17. cordoba lad

fitted poly bushes to the wishbones, new ball joints, and hunter alignment, next on the list is poly steering rack bush may wait till the queens speech tomorrow before doing that one. Car feels much more precise now the wishbones have been done.
  18. cordoba lad

I've got a fully licensed Vag Com cable and running the up to date version of the software. Based in Norwich. Drop me a line if you need any help
  19. cordoba lad

Flat spot around 3k

Problem solved. After cleaning the EGR and refitting we had a lot of gas passing through the small hole under the vacuum top which left the car feeling like it had a 1.2 petrol engine. So to conclude if you have a load of black oily deposit around the hole then the egr is on the way out...
  20. cordoba lad

Flat spot around 3k

Well the EGR had a load of black oily deposit coming out of the hole just below the vacuum housing. Can't work out how the oil is getting to that point as it must be seeping down from the top of the unit. The body of the egr and the pipe below have just been taken off and cleaned to get the...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members