Search results

1. Is cupra 290 more exciting than octavia vrs245

Thanks all. Yes I think the feel of more straight line power will wear off quickly as the car wont make a better sound or be more agile. I think the size of the car limits the fun on the b road blasts and all too safe. Car 3 years old and probably keep another year until the market settles down...
  2. Is cupra 290 more exciting than octavia vrs245

Hi all I have an octavia vrs 245 and its a brilliant family all-rounder. However its needed less for family duties as wife has a car to fill that role and now im mostly driving on A and B roads without kids and find the car fast but too stable and in reality not that exciting and cant really...
  3. Update - Leon FR Sport Estate sunroof rattles!!

Never sorted my rattle on roof. Just learned to live with it and often don’t notice. Looking on Golf forums it’s common to all of them.
  4. Leon Cupra SC rear accessibility

Thanks that sounds promising. Just waiting on dealer to confirm a test drive once they open again from 1st June.
  5. Leon Cupra SC rear accessibility

Fair enough. That’s put me off so looking at 5 doors instead. It just means a slightly older car as the 5 drs more expensive. I’ve seen a few around 3 years old in my price range with decent low mileage. Are they likely to be reliable? I will keep for at least 4 years by who time it will be 7...
  6. Leon Cupra SC rear accessibility

Hi all I’m sure this has been asked before but I couldn’t see anything in the search. I’m really keen on the Cupra SC 300 but have 6 and 9 year kids. Car will be my daily driver but main holiday trips will be in the wife’s family car. As a daily driver the kids will need to be in for school...
  7. Should I wait for the MK4?

Well it depends on how bothered you are by having an old shaped model. Personally I prefer the MK3 and the monthlies on the new one aren’t likely to be cheap to lease until significant numbers are on the road. It depends on whether you so desire the new shape and want to take the £1000 hit and...
  8. Mk3 leon 1.8 DSG vs Manual

Gearbox generally fine in both but DSG can’t handle as much torque. Manual likely to slip with aggressive remapping.
  9. MK3 Leon driving position

I think part of the issue is the driving position is offset so that the pedals are set to the right rather than straight ahead. I’ve got used to it but still find I have a slightly twisted position.
  10. Air Con service con?

Thanks all. I can’t see anywhere in the service book it needs doing and as it’s working fine I’ll leave it. It does look like a recommendation i.e worry people enough to spend money they don’t need to!
  11. Air Con service con?

Seat trying to persuade me on spending nearly £140 for an air con service on 2 year old car. It’s working fine and all they do I guess is replace gas for gas? Is this a con and can be left or will it affect warranty?
  12. ST FR 1.8 TSi vs 1.4 TSi ACT

Agreed abou1.8. I’ve said this before but having both engines in our current cars, 1.4 is much less flexible and all over at 4K RPM making overtaking and pulling out on junctions much more laboured. The 1.8 is more warm hatch in comparison. Multi link suspension on 1.8 also a much smoother ride...
  13. On the prowl for a Leon Mk3

I’m a normal driver but my wife has the 1.4 which I drive regularly and the difference in the ride smoothness is very noticeable. The 1.4 crashes over bumps that the multi link on 1.8 glides over. Overtaking in 1.8 also noticeably easier due to the increased flexibility the 1.8 has. Horses for...
  14. On the prowl for a Leon Mk3

As above but I’ve had the 1.4 and 1.8 and found that the 1.4 ran out of puff at 4000 revs whereas the 1.8 gets going then and is more fun and flexible. I find the 1.8 much better and you won’t go wrong with it.
  15. Panoramic roof rattling

Thanks for the links. I’ll try the Velcro route. I’ve had cars with full glass roofs before with no problems and I’d definitely not get one with a sunroof again. Ive got another two years on PCP before I can change so looks like I’ll have to get used to the rattles
  16. Panoramic roof rattling

Hi all The roof rattling is driving me mad. I’ve tried all different lubricants including the vw one and after a day the loud rattling returns. It seems to come from the part where the sun roof joins the larger bit of glass. Has anyone had this and solved it?
  17. Smoked clutch

Done this too and all good. It looks like it’s okay and the smell should wear off . Thanks all for the help. It much appreciated and such a great forum :cheers:
  18. Smoked clutch

I’ve tried it this morning and it stalled :-)
  19. Smoked clutch

Ah, no, stupidly I realise I had my foot on the accelerator which is why it didn’t stall. Doing it as you describe the car did stall and wasn’t slipping. Thanks for the explanation about the housing too. I’m feeling much more reassured now.
  20. Smoked clutch

Thanks for the advice. I did this and it didn’t stall and separately I was also able to set off in 4th from standstill. Hopefully this means I’m okay and that the slight burn whiff will fade out. Fingers crossed
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members