Search results

1. How would I go about offering to give away a used XTRONS Android headunit on here?

I don't want to put it on EBay so my reading is that I am a bit stuck hence the question rather than putting it up here and annoying people. The reason I am not selling it is that I don't want the hassle of that implied warranty stuff as occasionally it needs a switch off/back on reset and as...
  2. Head unit/radio with DAB

People have talked about £200 for the SD card that does the update here in the past
  3. Head unit/radio with DAB

On my Android unit for GPS navigation I use Sygic (£10 for a permanent licence with quarterly map updates) - doesn't the OEM one charge more than the cost of a headunit for a map update? I just don't get it - plus it looks like it was designed in 1973.
  4. Head unit/radio with DAB

Nobody wants to hear it and seem to have a total misconception that it requires you to use Google maps for navigation but I think a decent Android headunit for DAB, Bluetooth, navigation and MP3 blows away the sad OEM solutions. I have one and I would never go back to a non-android solution.
  5. Xtrons PSD70IBS DVD Player

When I got an Android unit with no optical drive I realized just how little I had used one since MP3 and MP4 became the standard for media.
  6. Android head unit

If you still have it, does the unit you took out still work if you try it?
  7. Android head unit

I didn't think to stop and check which Leon model you have and whether they are all fused the same way, as my sig says I have a 2010 FR CR170, maybe your fusebox is different. Did you look to see if the unit power lights went off? Obviously you can always disconnect the negative terminal of the...
  8. Android head unit

Back to ToTom Go - I agree that there is definitely something up with it regardless of this new look they are promising, I uninstalled and reinstalled just to be sure and I would say that their update has broken it in some way on Android 9, I installed it on my phone which is Android 8.1 and it...
  9. Android head unit

From the fuse box next to the battery, pull out fuse F8 briefly and replace.
  10. Android head unit

They recently did a new look and the rather strange outcome of this seems to be that unless you are following a route you have input, the details are to say the least a bit lacking. They would argue I guess that if you aren't following a route, why do you need details? I don't agree and I was...
  11. Android head unit

I am using the TomTom Go app
  12. Android head unit

No, but in return you get a Micro SD card at the front and 3 normal USB ports in the back, I simply fitted a USB extension lead to one of them and routed it to the area underneath the steering wheel out of sight for times when I want to add files to the additional 64GB stick I plugged into one...
  13. Android head unit

Agreed, I just wanted to get a faster GPS lock. As a runner I have seen how long a Garmin GPS running watch can take to get a lock when obstructed.
  14. Android head unit

I put it (GPS aerial) in the left hand side A pillar as I was placing the DAB aerial there. I separately bought a DAB dongle.
  15. Android head unit

No adaptors at all, even the aerial
  16. Android head unit

I have had no issues at all, when I parked the car up for 10 days at an airport car park I took the precaution of using the power setting where it powers off after an hour of the key being removed from the ignition.
  17. How to upgrade to a double din radio

Yes, I am on my second, my first was an Xtrons 9" that ran Android 6 which I replaced with an Erisin 9" Android 9 unit that I could see had significant upgrades. The Xtrons didn't fail or break, the main issue it had was the hardware reset was initially a pain until I fitted an inline hardware...
  18. How to upgrade to a double din radio

Is yours also 64GB despite being advertised as 32GB ? (not complaining obviously)
  19. How to upgrade to a double din radio

I would recommend this Android head unit https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113328744991
  20. Android head unit

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members